Security Installer Community

Powermax Complete Auto Dillaer

hi guys I'm new to the forum. I have installed a few visonic powermax and power G systems, i know some of you guys think they aren't very good from reading other topics but these are the only wireless alarms i have come across so far. Could you tell me what cores i would use to connect the auto dialler. There are 4 terminals on the back of the panel, 2 for line and 2 for set could you tell me what cores to use to connect to a phone line.

Thanks in advance

Jamie

hi guys I'm new to the forum. I have installed a few visonic powermax and power G systems, i know some of you guys think they aren't very good from reading other topics but these are the only wireless alarms i have come across so far. Could you tell me what cores i would use to connect the auto dialler. There are 4 terminals on the back of the panel, 2 for line and 2 for set could you tell me what cores to use to connect to a phone line.

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Out of interest, what did it say in the manual?

Thanks for the reply in the manual it shows line terminals must be connected to pins 2 and 5 of the wall jack and that's pretty much it. This is the first auto dialler I am installing. It's in my own property so I can have a play around and get it correctly set up

Thanks for the reply in the manual it shows line terminals must be connected to pins 2 and 5 of the wall jack and that's pretty much it. This is the first auto dialler I am installing. It's in my own property so I can have a play around and get it correctly set up

Err its only a guess but I think you need to connect the two line terminals to pins 2 and 5 of the wall jack. Or is that too easy?

Sorry if I misunderstood the question

Ok what about the two terminals for set. As the diagram shows this going off to the phone handset. Is this standard procedure. Sorry if the questions seems simple to some of you guys but that's the whole reason people like myself join forums like this. To seek abut of help and guidance when unsure.

Thanks for your help guys i didn't know that the dialler only need the two terminals to dial, pin 2 and 5. What was confusing me was the diagram showing another to terminals in the set terminals going off to a phone handset. I'm just going to try the 2 terminals in line and see what happens. If I've got it wrong then I'll have to figure it out. Once again thanks for the response I know it may seem a silly question to some but for people like myself that don't know it's nice to get some guidance.