Security Installer Community

Ifsec 2014

two maybe three years ago I was impressed with the Lakes and motorways on the way up

what about the most beautiful street in the uk voted by those types that vote for the most beautiful streets in the uk..

post-22449-0-19040300-1403127278_thumb.j

IFSEC - Honeywell

I was looking forward to IFSEC at Excel having spent the last 10 years on and off travelling from London to Birmingham were as Excel is 25min from my home.

Very busy there today, registration run smoothly. To be honest its a case of same old same old, if your going its wise to have an agenda.  I wanted to see the new Enforcer IPhone APP and it turns out a new control panel is being released in about two months to accommodate this - they are also still waiting for approval from Apple on the APP. The control panel needs either a GSM or Ethernet card for this, they are also releasing a wireless card which saves running a cable to the router. They are releasing a Wireless LED setting keypad which is a good idea.

CCTV - usual companies are there some showing off 4K but companies are waiting for H265 to take advantage, I'm told 8K is not that far behind!!!

HONEYWELL

As well as Pyronix I also use Honeywell Galaxy and Flex and having spoken to Tech support a few months ago there was apparently a new flush keypad being released, so I was looking forward to seeing Honeywell.... They are not exhibiting there this year, There was a Honeywell Safety Stand in the other Hall and they were surprised they weren't there,,, I spoke to a Senior Manager who told me they don't know their **** from their Elbow and they are sitting back on their Laurels... its looks like this is the last straw for me.  A few months ago I tried join the Partner Scheme, now I've just started up a new company having been at ADT for 15 years and because I spent less than £20K on control panels I couldn't join.

RANT OVER