Security Installer Community

Recommendation For 8 Zone Wired System With Pstn Dialler

Hi all, looking to install a basic domestic wired alarm connected to the phone line to dial out if alarm goes.  I have an alarm guy who does most of my installs, normally it would be something like an Optima G4 or similar, so something with basic capability that can dial out with the ability to silence the alarm via the phone keypad, 5 PIRs, 2 door contacts, bellbox, can have integral keypad with LCD display., .. cheers!

Ive been asked for this a few times over the years, why on earth would you want to silence the alarm remotely.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Hmnnn, I anticipated the materials coming to no more than £200 but I'll struggle to do that with the Scantronic... is there not anything that just adds on to dial out?  The customer I'm installing this for has requested remote disable as I installed CCTV for them a couple of weeks ago and if they have a false alarm and they are away and they get a call they can stop it once they have looked at the cameras.

Knowing the price of manufacturing I would have thought something like an add on speech dialler module would not be that expensive but seems they are!

The Powermax would be too expensive for this job but I think I might have to go back to the customer and say it's either standard bells only wired for the money or go for one of the suggestions you guys have made.

Thanks for your help!

I suppose a GSM dialler would be cheaper?

Archived