Security Installer Community

Outdoor Detector Advice

kinggy

Hi guys, hope I am posting this in the right forum.

My car recently been vandalised while parked on my drive, since then I've been really paranoid!

Decided to install CCTV, I wanted it to alert me by text via GSM dialer when it detected movement in the vicinity of the drive!

The installer recommend  GJD Dtect2 for reliability, but I have recently discovered there are animal immune detectors, so I won't have false alarms, are these any good? Could I find anything similar for outdoor use?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you James/Peter, I do like the idea of breaking 2 beams simultaneously before alarm activation.

I have just had a quick look at the link, seem those twin beams will have to see each other for it to work, right?

My car is park directly in front of the garage, being a numpty, am I right in thinking that I would have to install a pole somewhere along my drive for it to work?

But it would be quite unsightly, I want something a little more discrete. Or have I missed something?

Unless you have an animal invasion I would suggest beams at a waist height accross the front.

We install Risco wireless that chimes upon activation on the house alarm.

Hard wired beams will also do for the CCTV if you keep them above a level of a cat as they roam at night.

GJD is an excellent bit of kit and set up right will not give you a problem but as said I would go with beams.

!

Thank you James/Peter, I do like the idea of breaking 2 beams simultaneously before alarm activation.

I have just had a quick look at the link, seem those twin beams will have to see each other for it to work, right?

My car is park directly in front of the garage, being a numpty, am I right in thinking that I would have to install a pole somewhere along my drive for it to work?

But it would be quite unsightly, I want something a little more discrete. Or have I missed something?

Without seeing how your driveway/ car/house is set up it is difficult to advise. Although beams do have to be able to see each other they do not necessarily need to be opposite each other. So for example one beam could be mounted on the corner of the house whilst the other is on the gate post. If you can provide a rough drawing of the layout we can give you some ideas

Its a long range quad element pir, it is better than the average pir you will get with a flood light. But it wont be false alarm immune

The picture takes an age to download can you not make it smaller and paste it here?

Put the 4x4 and sports car in the garage with a DT installed inside with beams from right hand garage to left hand side on the outside connected into the CCTV.

This is actually an old pic, I dont have it anymore, house now single garage, car left in drive over night.

Archived