Security Installer Community

'beeping' Scantronic 9930 With 9651 Alarm System

Rick_eight

I have a Scantronic 9651 system with a 9930 keypad. I do not have the code for the alarm as the previous homeowner has never given it me. I have never set the alarm but I have come home from work today and the keypad is beeping with the spanner LED lit. I have rang the engineer who have given me several code which are all 'invalid codes'. I have checked all the wires in the alarm box and keypad which all look good (I am no expert). 

Is there a way I can stop the beeping without setting off the alarm or

get it working properly to use as it should be

Please help

Rick

Likely a battery needed, but your going to need a code to silence it when fitting.

tbh i'd consider upgrading the control panel for better features if you want it working, as if you calk someone in your going to be paying a service charge and battery cost anyway circa £120 - £180 + VAT.

Can your engineer not fix it? It probably needs a full service

he got it with the house, old owner left no code, unless phone number or name is in external siren cover, and assuming a pro instal?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Likely a battery needed, but your going to need a code to silence it when fitting.

tbh i'd consider upgrading the control panel for better features if you want it working, as if you calk someone in your going to be paying a service charge and battery cost anyway circa £120 - £180 + VAT.

he got it with the house, old owner left no code, unless phone number or name is in external siren cover, and assuming a pro instal?

What Keypad would be compatible with the system and be an upgrade for better features. Sounds like the best solution.

Thanks for the suggestion.

And I have disconnected the wires from the alarm and keypad so the beeping has now been resolved.

personally, i'd leave the 9651 in, get an engineer in to re-programme and service.

Dont bother with the chap you phoned.

What area are you in, you might find someone on here who can sort it out for you.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

What Keypad would be compatible with the system and be an upgrade for better features. Sounds like the best solution.

Thanks for the suggestion.

And I have disconnected the wires from the alarm and keypad so the beeping has now been resolved.

most the features are not in the keypad, although some makes have range of keypads that have different features :)

alarm keypads tend to be make specific, compatible to several models of keypad, from simple LED dusplay through to later touch screen models (more expensive but cool eye candy).

the oanel you have will sound a siren just like any other, but features like remote control usuping your phone, listen in to cinfirm intrusion, talk to keyholder like an intercom (elderly re sudent) even camera detectors that take a still and send to your phone might atract you.

i use Rusco Lightsys as my main panel, Risco Agility for wireless, we all fight our corner over personal choice, so like buying a car look at the paper work.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived