Security Installer Community

''!check! Low Batt Message

f561zk.jpg

2 small fuses in that box have gone. What size are they likely to be? I cant read tiny writing.

Thanks

I'd get a magnifying glass. Could be anything from 0.5a to 2a but are they quick blow, slow blow etc etc. You need to know this hence why the recommedation to get an engineer to make sure it is correct.

* Failing that if you're not fussed about it being right and safe sellotape a nail across the terminals which will bypass the fuse entirely and next time a fault develops might start a nice little fire.

* Disclaimer. Do not try this at home.

A fuse isn't just a fuse and it is vastly important that the correct ones are used. They are there for safety.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Your check tamper is probably because you still have a tamper fault somewhere. Plus those fuses will have blown for a reason. Something may be damaged. I accept the likely reason is you damaging a cable but i find it odd that 2 would blow

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

OK many thanks for all your help and all is working fine now. It was the tamper on the small wireless box above the main one and all the time I was thinking it maybe needed to be engineer reset as per Alarm Protections post.

Just need to download a manual now as I want to change the code and also add a new state so the garage can be armed whilst the house is in use.

Regards

you will need the master code (user 1) to change codes, you will need the engineer code to alter any features, and you could also upset the anti code feature if armed locking your system.

i fit Gardtec as a favoured make so trust me when i say understanding the programming is vexing to learn to say the least until you know it, you could easily alter a setting accidentally then not even know what you did, knocking out a vital detector or shorten a timer making it impossible to operate.

terms used in our trade are equally confusing to the novice, the difference between a zone set as EE, Access or Night as example.

i you must 'give it a go' read, and re-read the engineer manual end to end several times, don't start on the panel at a silly time risking severe inconvenience to your neighbours. Right down the steps you need to take, and check again against the manual.

Not saying its impossible, but of coarse you could save all that hassle and call in an engineer :).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Looking at the manual it looks like the code he left me is the default master/engineer code and I have never changed it. I used it to turn on the door chime some time ago (by accident then we preferred it on). Your right though I dont want to be messing about at silly times but i'm definately have a go.

Archived