Security Installer Community

Texecom Install & Programming Question

uwave

Ahh!   Not tried that....so far I'm understanding JP7 "commissioning mode" also referred to as "wifi"  tamper I seem to recall and I never guessed that box lid tamper should also be active and not bypassed by box lid tamper jumper......

So far I'm thinking bypass box tamper with jumper so no faults on kit and I only need to use JP7 "comissioning mode" jumper as required.

Thanks....I'll try that, remove box lid tamper disable jumper, but later as wife is going nuts and wants to go out.

cheers!

Made wife cuppa coffee so time to try....trying now and kit is making nice comforting noises as though it is recognising keypad programming........now having cuppa as wait for 15 mins learning and will try Wintex to see if 24-w now knows of wifi pir......fingers crossed...will post my findings

Thanks again........hopefully happy bunny!

Well still here as wife is now busy so gave up on me going out ....again!

Now I'm thinking the issue is that I leave Engineering Menu straight after telling zone 009 to learn and maybe I should remain in Engineering Menu (currently sitting with keypad message Zone 010 Learn ) and leave it within Engineering Menu during learning process.......we will see.....at lest I notice now PIR led is blinking very fast hopoefully learning. Pir lid is still off as not sure if I should close this immediately after keypad recognises it with XP 01,01 message. Maybe I will try this if current method fails...

Ok - got great help from Texecom support...one chap in particular.

Learning done. Looks like maybe I'd already done it correctly but could not convince myself it was working.

For the moment main points are use Eng Utils afterwards to check zone status...picking a pir zone where you can see tamper or secure messages.

Eng Utils to do walk test as wifi pir does not show red led otherwise (which I was expecting incorrectly)

FInally - yet to get the definative answer - but for Wintex and Ricochet Monitor I expected it to show me all is working...so far it does not (I'll try again) but am told (can't believe it) they will not tell me correctly about my kit.

i.e Fault on some hard wired pirs - ignore Wintex is wrong!  

Zone 009 Low Battery message caused by asking Wintex to check devices....Wintex is wrong..ignore this message.

Ricochet Monitor expecting to see network of wireless devices and what path they are connecting to 24-W through (as youtube Texecom Wayne Foster demo's) ...again I'm told it's not for my kit??

So some outstanding questions I hope to get an definative answer too as these software tools appear a great help for commissioning and fault finding......but only if they work?

I think this is how I've wasted so much time and been confused as I extyected these tools to report wireless kit once learnt via keypad as I must do for Ricochety MT2. My mistake expecting software to work.

Thanks again for everyones help and any comments.

Update:

It appears I have been mislead by fact that Ricochet Monitor can be accessed from Wintex. To use Wintex I was using Com1 on 24-W and I noticed Ricochet Monitor button was only active within Wintex when I was logged on (as expected) but mistakenly thought, although Rocochet Monitor button appears active, as I'm logged on via Com1 then I can use Ricochet Monitor. (I even closed all Wintex screens in case this was an issue).

In fact Ricochet Monitor will not work unless I remove pc lead from Com1 (or Com2) and plug it into JP4 (Ricochet Monitor com port)......then I can connect and run Ricochet Monitor and it works.

My mistake as I guess experienced users will know this

At the start I was believing the software would work and after learning the pirs expected to see them in Wintex or Ricochet monitor. I expected this to work whether JP7 in "commissiong mode" (left & middle pin connected) or not (jp 7 no pins connected or middle and right pin connected.....still not sure  of latter..after commissioning should JP7 middle and right pin be connected or no pins connected?) But as I could neither see wireless PIR's in Wintex diagnostics nor Ricochet Monitor (still using com1) then I thought pirs were not learnt or something was wrong.

So if I had done the following:

JP7 to "comissioning mode" - (which I'd done!)

Learn pirs via keypad for MT2 - (Which I'd done!)

Plug pc cable into JP4 (Ricochet Monitor com port) and run Ricochet Monitor

then I would have seen the pirs and known the wireless was working ok. Then of course additionally via Ricochet Monitor or keypad Engineering Utils, Do Walk test, then walk past pirs and hear/see keypad tone indicating device working then I'd not needed to raise my original question here.

Not tried it yet but I suspect panel tamper bypass jumper does not care if fitted or not....at the moment mine is not.

Also again to try, but with "commissioning mode" JP7 fitted I suspect I can still log on as Engineer but I need to put code in twice. (previously I was just typing code once and it would not allow access to Engineer menu unless I had removed "commissiong mode" jumper - then I could enter Engineer menu by typing code only once - then of course I was putting "commissioning mode" jumper back on so I could carry out pir learn process). Its easier to just fit "commisioning mode" jumper and typing Enginner code twice.

So Thanks to everyone for your help and patience and I hope this post helps the next chap who may struggle in lack of clarity in manuals. I realise this kit is for the pro's but a simple step by step clear instruction in the manual "Quick Start" guide regarding "comissioning Mode" jumper, whether to stay within Engineering mode or not during 15 mins+ learn process, JP7 totally disconnected after the 15+ minutes (or is it middle and right 2 pins connected to "enable" mesh....I seem to recall this from somewhere), Try Ricochet Monitor using JP4 on control panel board and try walk test invoked from Ricochet Monitor or via Engineering Utils do Walk Test and finally use Engineering Utils, View Zone Status to check wireless PIR can detact tamper (remove lid) and shows message secure on keypad when nothing is in its detection path (may take a min or so) and keypad shows Alarm when triggered.

As for Zone 009 Low Battery message in Wintex - so far I do not have an answer if this means anything or not. It only appears when I use Wintex to test devices.

I'm hoping in years to come when the battery is low I get some warning to replace it before the pir just dies? No big deal though unless all die!

I'm happy for any comments.

At the moment I've leave this open in case I have any further questions regarding options and settings.

cheers

Reading manuals and I see in both Quick Start Guide INS 531-3 and Ricochet MT2 Addendum ADD068  both have section Wintex Changes which cites "Wintex can now act as a server for Ricochet Monitor. This allows for a single connection to the control panel to view data in both Wintex and Ricochet Monitor."

This is where I started, connected to Com1 and expected it to work this way but it did not work for me???  Do I have latest 24-W firmware - is this why?

24-W is version 2.0.12 and keypad LCDP LS1 V2.04. So I am told Ricochet MT2. I also have Wintex V6 build 29....I presume V6.29? Anyhow > V6.16 as required for MT2 I read.

Checking with Ricochet Monitor and using Ricochet com port JP4 I see my 3 pirs are connected direct to control unit. "Commissioning mode" jumper JP7 is not fitted at all as all learning is done.

I expected a "mesh" network so each pir knows of the other  - should I expect this? Should JP7 be jumpered middle to right pin to "enable mesh"?....Tried it - no difference seen in Ricochet Monitor.

No worries...just wondered!

Hi - All is done and working fine - many thanks for the help.

It appears I did not install latest Ricochet Monitor hence it would not start from within Wintex and com port1.

With latest Ricochet and Wintex all works fine and this would have saved me lots of head scratching!

I have one last question regarding smartkey.

In Global Options System config I have disabled smartkey PA (option 38) and Two Stage Wireless Arming is off (option 48 - ie Radio 1 Step Arm picked).

For the user who has smartkey assigned to them I have tried  Ticking "Auto Yes"  and I have tried it unticked but I find when using Smartkey to arm system I have to press Arm button (padlock) twice (to get keypad sounder to stop and smartkey Red LED to change from flashing to solid on) else if I only press it once the keypad sounder sounds forever......well it does not change tone and stop as it normally does using keypad to arm  alarm.

Is there a way to only need to press arm button once and wait a short time for Red LED to stay on solid indicating system armed?

Also finally, can the part arm option (house button) be disabled as this user has also no tick to allow omitting so I do not understand how smartkey assigned to this user id can part arm.

No big issue as Red or Orange LED lets me know if part arm or not but ideally no part arm option for Smartkey would be perfect.

Interestingly part arm only requires button to be pressed once and after short time solid Orange LED

Full arm requires me to press arm button twice and after short while solid RED LED.

Many Thanks for any reply.

Archived