Security Installer Community

Camera Down After Power Down

Driller

Installed an extra cam to my work system this morning, being a soucient fellow I of course removed power from the transformer  when conecting the power leads but when I powered back up one of the other cams (Pecan DO56C) now shows a black screen.

I've checked all fuses on the power supply and even swapped power lead pairs and BNC positions with other cameras, all to no avail.

I'm pretty sure the DVR is still getting signal because the alarm goes off when I disconnect the lead to this cam.

I haven't put it on the bench yet as it's a bit of a rigmarole with cables in conduit but I guess I shall have to have it out unless someone can suggest something to try while it's in place.

Is it "fooked"? (Cubit, 2012)  and if so is it common that you can knacker cameras easily purely by powering down and then up again?

Interesting point about the IR because the newly connected camera is an internal IR one, much  closer to the PS than the one that went down although as it's daytime would the IR draw be that high?

Sorry to be a divvy Oxo, do you mean a reading accross the terminals (12v) of the downed cam?

Archived