Security Installer Community

Mr Happy Meets The Chavs

My two have been out to the sewing shop this morning, daughter has a dress that needs altering for a school leaving do. They both take the dog out regularly (although often together) I have no issue with my two going out, if I did I'd move.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

My two have been out to the sewing shop this morning, daughter has a dress that needs altering for a school leaving do. They both take the dog out regularly (although often together) I have no issue with my two going out, if I did I'd move.

Presumably older than 10 then?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

you just need to read the news and I would hazard the vast majority is private schooling, also statistics show perps to be know and trusted or worse still related...

Sounds good matt

Don't get me wrong, I don't like paying for it and I'm certainly not from a private education background.

The main reasons she goes is because I wanted hard work, discipline and happiness to be part of her school life. Shouldn't these values be the same in all schools?

Presumably older than 10 then?

boy is 14 girl 15 but same for last 5 or so years, not saying I've always been comfortable with it but can do more harm than good imo wrapping in cotton wool. I also would say my two are far from street wise but both are mature enough for my trust. Also and probably most important, living in Barnsley and not my words but those of the friends we bought the house off 'there's only one Pakistani family here, and they own the shop' ironically showing their ignorance as they are actually a lovely Indian family.

boy is 14 girl 15 but same for last 5 or so years, not saying I've always been comfortable with it but can do more harm than good imo wrapping in cotton wool. I also would say my two are far from street wise but both are mature enough for my trust. Also and probably most important, living in Barnsley and not my words but those of the friends we bought the house off 'there's only one Pakistani family here, and they own the shop' ironically showing their ignorance as they are actually a lovely Indian family.

Perhaps your right. When is the 'right' time? Ironically I'd have trusted her years ago to go out on her own. It's the others around I don't trust. Although living in a private school world, she is extremely grounded, something I was very keen to achieve as I didn't want her to become of those kids where she thought she was better than everyone else and anything she wanted daddy would buy. We realises that she has a privilege but associates with plenty of kids from state schools and there is genuinely no feeling by her that she is any better than them just because of her school.

It doesn't help living in quite a rural area as her only choices to get somewhere is either with us or taxi. I'd be happy to let her go to her friends via the bus if a route existed but we just don't have them where we live. That was my first outing on my own, I was allowed on the bus into town to get something and built on that.

With the transport situation as it is, she might have to pass her driving test before she starts going out on her own or me have some big taxi fees to pay.

Archived