Security Installer Community

Veritas Premier 24 - Any Comments?

Guest markjenk

Guest markjenk

Hi,

I Installed a Texecom Veritas R8 not so long back, but i'm thinking of upgrading to Texecom Premier 24 for the silver flush mount keypads (bloody expensive things though!!). I've downloaded all the info and manuals from Texecom (but they only seem to have user manuals on there, no install manual?). Heard someone say they were quite hard to program? Does anybody have any comments? Do the extra two zones on each keypad work exactly the same as a zone connected to the control panel?

:wacko:

Guest markjenk
Program it via your PC if you want to make it easier.

22217[/snapback]

Cool. I assume i need to buy the USB adaptor for this? do they do an ethernet expansion module?

they are trickier than most panels to program, however the install manual is pretty good.

22203[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: Hard to program !!!! get real, my 8 year old son could progam it.

Yeah, the install manual is good, providing you've just finished the learn to read with Peter and Jane books.

Rip it out, dump it and replace it with a nice diy job from Wickes or B&Q.

I'm sure that'll be just as unreliable as the dreadfull texecom rubbish you already have.

HOWEVER.

if you want an alarm that will work correctly and not false alarm when some dog coughs outside then ring an approved company to quote you.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Mark,

I've unfortunatly had the displeasure of installing quite a few hundred of these panels.

I HATE THEM arggg

I wouldn't even put one on the shed.

most other manufacturers are ok, but texecom suck like a big sucky thing on a big sucky day

Regards

Bellman

Rip it out, dump it and replace it with a nice diy job from Wickes or B&Q.

I'm sure that'll be just as unreliable as the dreadfull texecom rubbish you already have.

most other manufacturers are ok, but texecom suck like a big sucky thing on a big sucky day

Just a bit unfair :rolleyes:

I have fitted a couple of hundred also , and every single one is still in operation , the oldest one being nearly 10 years old.As with most kit , install it well , service it ,and it will last. :)

In short,

Lots of tamper problems.

These were mainly on the early v8, we were issued with boxes of replacement springs and had to go around swapping em over.

found the vr8 suffered from same problems as well as it's suspceptibility to mains interference and the classic singing transformer.

the transformer pi**es customers off the most though <_<

the premier, I must admit, it's a whole lot better than the veritas, but, from using it i'm not impressed at all.

flimsy keypads amongst other things and the huge rush into "bells and whisles" or "feature richness" as anther member put it, seems to be muddying the waters of the market it'd supposedly been designed for.

and they still have singing transformers.

the menu structure and command sets are straight out of the menvier panels, but it's hardly supprising as several of the R&D staff came from cooper menvier.

I also dislike the fact that all and sundry sell them.

locally i've seen them on market stalls and in small electrical shops, I'm waiting for them to advertised at £4.99 when you spend more than £12 on fuel at the local garage. :lol:

why does this bother me?, well because the more common it is, the more the chances of it being defeated or bypassed.

I could go on but I won't

as you rightly said earlier "A very divided issue, them that don't swear by them, hate them"

I got my fingers burned once, I'm not about to make that twice.

They are shut case from my standpoint.

Hope this helps explain why I don't use them, although several other members love them to pieces and would use nothing else. :o

Regards

Bellman

Guest markjenk

Thanks. to be honest, the reason i'm looking at the premier is just because i got used to the veritas. Its the silver flush mount keypads i really want, still undecided, the keypads are double the price of the panel!