Security Installer Community

Kantech Experts, Urgent Help!?

connor2425

Dont know this system but im assuming the 485 is balanced well with eol resistors to reduce any noise? Also are any of the controllers likely to be on a different phase of the supply to the building? This could also create a potential difference across your 485 net and give you said probs

Faulty controller

You said that they were dropping off anywhere down the line this doesent sound like a faulty controller but if all is well then good for you!

Id be doing as cubit as these probs can absolutely ruin an installation and make them v unreliable

It was a controller, took me 3 days to work it down to it. Bypass the controller by taking the data line out and the network sat healthy, as soon as I added the data line back on controllers started dropping randomly, did several hard resets,took the data line back out and everything loaded back. Network now healthy and working efficiently, defiantly a learning curve with the kantech kit. One thing that did happen is when I went back the job last week my spurs had all tripped, maybe a power issue has caused the controller to fail.

• 4 months later...

Archived