Security Installer Community

2013 Udl Seminars By Webwayone

Good point James...if call back were being used it may take one or two tries to get a connection.

Static IP on the SIM is pretty much nailed on every time.

Right...I was heading off to bed about an hour ago..Im going now!

Get ya now. O2 can swivel. I'm not paying zillions for a static IP facility in my MCTs as texting of the units via the apn works well even if it can take 15 seconds to connect. It's shocking how much O2 raped you for that facility although anyone using your hosted model gets the advantage of using it without coughing up any cost.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Jim I just like it to work, don't care how tbh. I'll have a play and let you know :)

I think it's clear what me and a few others think of Webway but it would be nice if the people that trial them after the seminars could post their reviews of them too, good or bad for a more balanced view.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Ok great. I've just had a chat with James (our Support Manager) on the Texecom and he says its fast becoming one of his favourite panels. Very easy to programme and the UDL is very simple to set up and get running. He thinks the comment on the connection time-outs is down to call back but not a major problem, it does connect everytime. Fixed IP on the SIM will cure it.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Do you operate in exeter?

Im tempted to go to the exeter one. Not golf tho never played so would prob try the happy gilmore drive!

no, we're in hampshire but i hate london

I have been told by webway that there are some issues with GPRS UDL on the premier, the connection can take a few attempts. I am yet to try this though.

we connected to a prem elite 48 2.02 today on GPRS only, small setup issue but once that was solved it worked no problems. 

Not as much fun.....nice to meet you guys face to face.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Archived