Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651Pd + Ext Panic

bsbsys

Did you wire the tamper pair in the RKP?

Just looed at the PD varient and there is no command 87 as you correctly say.

It should not recognise zones 9 to 14 but also try in the command line      x09  and see if it recognises that. and on the RKP 2   x11.

Just a guess mind.

• 2 weeks later...

This is bugging me, just read the PD manual again.

Take out ALL connections from the HUD/PA terminals in one keypad and try and exit engineering.

You DID take out any links that were in there?

Try the above and let us know.

Will only take 5 mins,

I`m here for a bit.

Not actually seen the PD model yet, but I imagine the PA connections on the back of the keypad are still fitted simply so that the keypad continues to be backwards compatible with every other scanny panel made since the 2000s that uses, or can upgrade to, that same keypad. I don't recall what shows up on the log when you hold 1 and 3, but I suspect its just 'Keypad 0x PA' to avoid issues on larger 9x panels where issuing zoning numbers might clash with expanders etc... Don't those rear screw terminals just emulate pressing 1 and 3?? So, if the panel don't support holding down 1 and 3....

Hope I've explained myself well enought there, and it is just a guess. Shows how long it is since I last had to read a log via a keypad!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi Oxo sorry i didn't reply to you in time, i could not figure it out in the end when i visited the client, i just ended up putting the panics straight into a zone in the panel which i didn't want to do but for the client sake its sorted. 1+3 did not work but older 9651's do that's one of the first things i checked, one thing i noticed that when i programmed the panics i had to put them as HUA as there is no panic attribute on this PD model. I think this energy saving model is a great idea although it has used all my energy up trying to get it sorted   :)

• 2 weeks later...

I also read the specific PD model manual in the end and it definately should support keypad PAs....

Page 5 of the PDF (Printed page 1) - "User Facilities - Remote Hold Up Alarm input to 9941/9943 keypad"

and then in the log, as suspected, this will show as "HUA K== Alarm Hold Up Alarm started at keypad =="

PDF Page 17 of the manual (Printed page 13) shows how to wire the HUDs to the keypad, CC + AT.

But Oxo pretty much said all that anyway. Hope it goes better next time!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived