Security Installer Community

Redcare Secure Grade 3 Dual Path Failure Reporting Times Test

In conversation with Info4Security, James Wilson of Secure It All explained: “Providing end users with clear specification guidance can add value to professional installers’ proposals. Fast confirmation of events is critical, while end users must be allowed to make an informed choice when selecting any security product. WebWay’s seminar has given new clarity to that process using LPS 1277 Issue 3 as the basis.”

You on commission Wilson? ;)

On a serious note though, it seems that a good meet was had - If only there was an easier way to unify the specifiers approach instead of the mixed bag we currently see.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

If only there was an easier way to unify the specifiers approach instead of the mixed bag we currently see.

Agreed. Im hoping LPS1277 will be the catalyst. It seems to me that anything but the lowest risk should be grade 4 comms. Its how it used to be 4737 days ie redcare and redcare gsm. Now we have grade 2 - 4 single path, dual path etc.Few insurance brokers know or care about the alarm system as a whole much less what signalling is being used. And usually most people rely on their broker for guidance. The days when the insurers used to risk assess site by site allowed them to specify what was required. Since EN changed the fact we had to document our Risk assement we have been put in the position of deciding this and advising this. Price has become the selecting factor for systems IMO which is why grade 2 is the popular choice for most installers. ie 'Grade 2 that will do'

Ourselves we do 50/50 ish between grade 2 and 3. Most commercials are grade 3 unless very low risk which is how I interprete it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

http://www.info4security.com/story.asp?sectioncode=49&storycode=4128863&c=1

I think one of the key stumbling blocks is ensuring understanding of security grade vs signalling grade. The fact that both use the same terminology causes confusion when people don't grasp that they can (and ought) fit a G4 signalling solution on a commercial Security G3 installation.

Price has driven the market (in the wrong direction) for too many years recently.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Thanks for that.

Price has driven the market (in the wrong direction) for too many years recently.

Agreed but one of the reasons is lack of understanding IMO. I see that if the site risk warrants a digi (ie very low risk) then g2 dualpath is better than a digi. Dont really have any issue with that, but as the tests have proved G3 signalling isnt much better than G2. I wonder if many assume that because G3 systems are far more secure than G2 allows, that a G3 comm is the same. This isnt the case. My own view is that we will use G2 digis and dual path where risk allows. But most systems will be Grade 4 comms. Like it used to be

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived