Security Installer Community

Abacus 6P Question

Alarmed

Hi Guys

I have a DA Systems Abacus 6P panel with a remote keypad.

All works fine except it has started occasionally (twice in a week) beeping 4 times (at about 1 second intervals) and displaying 52. The happens when the system is not set.

The system seems to work fine when set. The panel battery is brand new too.

Any clues on this one?

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Robert

Been thinking about this. The interval between the beeps is more like 1.5 to 2 seconds and they come from the main Abacus 6P control panel. The 52 code is only displayed during the beeps then the system display goes back to normal 'rest' - normal unset display.

Please help!

Thanks

Robert

Ab 6 was a good panel in its time though the symptom you describe is not a fault code and a fully functioning panel does not randomly beep when unset

Very old panel now we are finding that these panels suffer from alsorts of weird problems the worst being Alzheimer's where it forgets codes normally when its armed so you cant switch it off. Another problem is they deprogram their zones so a zone that should be on part becomes full set etc, my advice would be to start thinking about replacement before its too late

I will get a few quotes from my local NACOS installer(s). The PIR sensors currently have 4 wires each I think - supply, signal and tamper (need to check).

I will need a new 6/8 zone panel and an external sounder (bell box). I already have new PIR's (the exact same as those currently installed - I got them as back ups about 6 years ago).

What do you think the average cost would be (approximatley) for the suppy and installation of the above (new panel + external sounder and replace with my own passives (5) - probabally need 2 new door swithces too I guess) by a NACOS registered firm?

If its more than £350 to £400 I will buy a good wireless system I think and self install. I was considering these http://www.texe.com/...l#RicochetKit24 Any good?

I am located near Ipswich.

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards

Robert

Prices vary from region to region but because the wiring/detection is in place you should easily get a good system installed for you budget Robert. I advise you get three quotes and go with who you feel is right and not the cheapest, even with approved companies there are variants in the quality they provide, though with an approved co you do have a route for redress should things go wrong

Archived