Security Installer Community

Nexus 8 And Wireless

systemtek

Hi All, I have a Nexus 8 panel that has wired PIR & Door sensors. The question is I wish to add a outbuilding to the system, rather than the very tricky job of getting a cable from the pannel to the out building is it possible to buy any form or wireless PIR and receiver that I can connect to a free zone on this system ? I have seen various for sale on a number of sites but can anyone recomend anything.

Thanks

Well, I dont want to do that as its worked perfect for the past 10 years since I installed it, along with a SD dialler as well. It activates and calls me when it should which is all i need.

So can I add on any form of wireless sensor ? If not I will route the cable to the outbuilding but it will be a pain.

If it's that age I would definately be looking at replacing with something decent. However if you like it fair enough. Hard wire if you can, it may be a pain but it will save you grief in the long run.

Depending on the type of outbuilding, you will more than likely require a dualtech pir. Wireless ones are hard to come by so wired is the way to go for you.

Lol, yoou need something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scantronic-2-channel-radio-receiver-/320834695215?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item4ab33cf02f#ht_102wt_63

and this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scantronic-734rEUR-wireless-door-contact-i-on-16-40-/250738015781?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item3a61267e25#ht_2176wt_905

You'll be better off woring any doors/windows into that, rather than a PIR in a shed.

Thats the helpful bit, the next is to bin that old nacker and get something of reasonable quality ;)

Thanks for the info, looking at the cost, might just wait till summer and make a effort to run the cable outside to the building. Yes it has power etc.

What good quality wired ones are been installed these days ? Dont fancy wireless, one the wires are already in place and two i know a few people with them and the problems when the batterys go flat etc isnt worth the hastle. Would want to keep the SD dialler unless a new one comes with something similar.

If you have power there and want to keep the existing system, then opt for a good dual technology detector and wire it into a wireless tx/rx onto the main system.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived