Security Installer Community

Remote Control Accenta/honeywell G4

Avi

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice on a possible solution to securing my garage. I have a magnetic contact on the garage which is in it's own zone. I have additional locking on the door via an electric lock release, which is wired to the lighting (12v) on the automatic opener. Hence, when the light is on during the operation of the door , the lock is unlocked. I'm trying to work out a solution to allow me to remote disarm the alarm, and allow me access to the garage without having to go in the house first. I don't really want to set a delay entry in the zone (which would allow me to have a keypad in the garage, then enter via the internal door) as I want an instant alarm when someone pulls the door (there is some slack in the mechanism). I guess the ideal solution is some sort of remote, or the possibility to disarm the zone using the output from the garage door opener ? Any ideas on how I might achieve this greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Av

You can use a prox reader on that panel so you could mount that outside, connect the local relay to the opener. Then you can go to your garage door, present a fob,disarm system and open the door.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You can use a prox reader on that panel so you could mount that outside, connect the local relay to the opener. Then you can go to your garage door, present a fob,disarm system and open the door.

He would have to get out of the car to do that?

Archived