Security Installer Community

Premier 48 And Text/speech Dialler And Com

raveyard

Hi folks,

Does the Texecom Premier 48 work with the Texecom Speech & Text Dialler?

I think I read somewhere it may only work with the Premier COM-2400 communicator for SMS messaging only, or is that not the case...???

Also I was thinking of either the USB-COM or the COM-IP for programming the panel using the Wintex software.

As I travel away from home with work a lot, would the COM-IP allow me to for instance, reset the alarm after an alert, or set/unset the alarm over the internet? Any other features the COM-IP offers over and above the USB-COM?

As background... I do have a Electronics/Computing degree so I'm relatively familiar with network protocol and Java (albeit somewhat rusty!), but ideally I'd prefer something that "just works" without too much fiddling.

Thanks again,

Richard

Text & Speech Dialler is a stand-alone unit and will work with any panel.

COM2400 will only support SMS and is only for a Premier Series Panel.

USB-COM is designed for local connection for programming.

COM-IP can be routed externally via port-forwarding (default 10001).

This can be used for local/remote programming, and maybe browser control with a bit of messing. (See link)

Link

Thanks for the info and the link.

OK, so 1 speech/text module it will be.

The COM-USB port is obviously only for local programming.

And if I understand it correctly, the COM-IP module can effectively give you a virtual Remote Keypad (RKP) to remotely access the system using Internet Explorer over the Internet just as though you were using a local hard-wired keypad on site to program and set/reset the alarm? Which if correct, is absolutely perfect for my requirements.

I would be careful of the IP-COM module. My limited research suggests the IP module is not a useful as you would hope.

My understanding is you would be much better dialling into the the com2400, then the whole of Wintex can be used rather than just trying to programme via a keypad.

I would be careful of the IP-COM module. My limited research suggests the IP module is not a useful as you would hope.

My understanding is you would be much better dialling into the the com2400, then the whole of Wintex can be used rather than just trying to programme via a keypad.

You can use ComIP to do anything with Wintex just the same as Com2400, it is just a different comms method.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Archived