Security Installer Community

Cctv Maintenance

never said those were actually charges, just said for example to give a id of the percentage for savings to the customer.

been on jobs before doing a fire maint and theres been a 3rd party doing the cctv, never seen the engineer at every camera.

Its part of the job to examine camera, in the least they can get fairly dirty in 6 months, A little diferent fom Fire where you have four visits to check all detectors over a 12 month period

With regards to inspecting every camera, what do you do if ladders aren't an option? Cherry picker factored in? Do you CCTV guys double up (footed ladders etc etc with regards to different sits H&S policies)

We only dabble in CCTV and as such dont have any on maint, just tend to go if there is an issue. Just curious

We only dabble in CCTV and as such dont have any on maint, just tend to go if there is an issue. Just curious

like 90% of firms.

You have to build everything in. I now quote access equipment separately due to some sites using firms that don't do what they should. Some sites no longer service cameras that require pickers etc. and just repair as and when.

With regards to inspecting every camera, what do you do if ladders aren't an option? Cherry picker factored in? Do you CCTV guys double up (footed ladders etc etc with regards to different sits H&S policies)

We have several sites that require cherry pickers, and include the cost for hire we try to hire over three days and cover as many as we can to save money (For us). All sites where we have lots of CCTV its a man and boy to foot the ladder or other way round (After all the boy wont learn anything at the bottom of a ladder. ) depending on his experience.

I've looked at buying a picker but cant warrant it atm, we have a portable scaffold tower but its really not efficient to use for maintenance we use it on large installs.

And wherever I'm quoting for columns I will always use the winch type and quote for a winch to be left on site, callouts that require a Cherry are expensive, customers understand that paying a little extra in the beginning saves a lot of heartache in the future

We have a picker and use it quite a lot. Even spend about 3 weeks a year changing hi level lamps in the warehouse of one of our big customers using our picker. I would say its paid for its self 10 fold in the 3 years we have had it.

Archived