Security Installer Community

Trouble Linking Keyboard To Ptz Camera - Dedicated Micros

tank_fv101

Hello all,

I've been fortunate enough to get a Dedicated Micros Sprite 2 for my home, which has replaced my old system which recently broke. The Sprite 2 came with the KBS3A keyboard, which works perfectly, but I cannot get it to control the PTZ. Do I need to change some settings? Any help would be appreciated.

The camera itself is a cheap PTZ off of eBay. This is more or less the exact model (and showing the original joystick/keyboard). eBay Link for PTZ

And to add....I use RS485 for the PTZ camera.

Many thanks for your help,

Chris

You need to make sure that the protocol of the dome is set to Pelco P and that the serial port is set to Pelco P as well in the DS2

Pete Bennett

Northern CCTV Services

T: 0845 838 7383

E: info@northern-cctv.co.uk

www.northern-cctv.co.uk

Thank you Pedders. Unfortunately for me that means getting the ladders out, and it's hammering down here. I'll leave it for tomorrow! :rolleyes::)

The next thing I'll need to learn about is Baud Rates. The PTZ is currently on 2400, but it can be set to 4800 and 9600. Will this need adjusting? And again, what about on the DS2?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

on the ds2,

menu : system options bottom option select pelco p

alarms and prsets (on the actual camera you want as a ptz control) select the Pelco - P option

Text and insertion setup top option port assignment use joystick and move to the right side to open the setup and a black box appears with the following options

Baud Rate : 9600

Data Bits : 8

Stop Bits : 1

Parity : Even

press menu mode to close that box.

and make sure it says Serial 3 or serial 4 (thats what mines set to on the green connector block at the back of the unit under BUS A (serial 3 and BUS B serial 4)

You must then go back out the menu system by pressing and holding menu button

then go back into the menu to reboot the system in the system shutdown.

On the dome the setup should be : Baud rate 9600 and Pelco P as the protocol.

your dome number should be the same as the input on the dvr, for example camera address 4 should go to camera input camera 4

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Thanks satsuma01. I hadn't seen your post and I spent over an hour trying to get the two to link together with no success. Then it poured with rain!!! :rolleyes:

I'll try what you've recommended tomorrow.

Thanks very much. :)

Text and insertion setup top option port assignment use joystick and move to the right side to open the setup and a black box appears with the following options

Baud Rate : 9600

Data Bits : 8

Stop Bits : 1

Parity : Even

press menu mode to close that box.

and make sure it says Serial 3 or serial 4 (thats what mines set to on the green connector block at the back of the unit under BUS A (serial 3 and BUS B serial 4)

You must then go back out the menu system by pressing and holding menu button

then go back into the menu to reboot the system in the system shutdown.

On the dome the setup should be : Baud rate 9600 and Pelco P as the protocol.

your dome number should be the same as the input on the dvr, for example camera address 4 should go to camera input camera 4

I didn't have the Text and Insertion menu come up on my DS2, and I couldn't find anywhere obvious to change the Baud Rate, Data Bits etc. Would that be after the Alarms and Presets? I have the older DS2, so maybe it's set up differently.

Thanks in advance.

Archived