Security Installer Community

Trouble Linking Keyboard To Ptz Camera - Dedicated Micros

tank_fv101

on mine here, just looked and its after alarms and presets - then - activity camera setup - then - text insertion setup, but you need to be looking through your menus for something called port assignment.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

on mine here, just looked and its after alarms and presets - then - activity camera setup - then - text insertion setup, but you need to be looking through your menus for something called port assignment.

Activity Camera Setup is the last menu before it exits back to Live View on my unit. :no:

Activity Camera Setup is the last menu before it exits back to Live View on my unit. :no:

just looked at my dm sprite 2 manual (pdf file) and cant see anything saying about port numbers/setup have you checked the output on seriel ports on the back of the sprite, from the one waiting repair from a customers premises the one i have here on the back serial 1 and 2 is at the top of the mochine abo e the power connector, the connection for rs482 is pin1 and pin 9 i think its + pin1 and - pin9 but maybe other way round not sure. thats usually where the telelmtry on the serial network side of the dvr works, also make sure your camera address is setup the same as the camera number input on the dvr.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris, just thought it see if i could help you,

the dome needs to be set to PELCO-P 9600 Baud,

In the DS2 (i assume you have an old rounded front ds2?) You need to enter the menu and under "system" you need to select "Pelco-P" The old ds2 only supports pel p 9600 :P and then you need to go to camera set up and under camera controll select pelco-p,

You need to ID the camera according to the bnc input you are using I.e BNC 1 = Camera1 :D

Hope this helps,

Best regards

Sam

I've played with the same bits tonight and can confirm that with my DS2A DVTR 16Ch unit, the Serial line was connected to the RSTCA riser on the main board, pins 1 and 9 (1 Being +, 9 Being -). Set the DS2 to Samsung protocol and all seemed to work. My dome doesn't seem to operate right with Pelco-P, which I confirmed using a hand held tester, so need to try it on the later firmware revision DS2A 16Ch DVTX.

9600Baud, Samsung Protocol, Address1, Camera 1.

• 7 months later...

Apologies for the delay, and the bump. Thank you all so much for your replies. The PTZ completely failed in the end, and this weekend I managed to figure out how to get the American Dynamics Ultra 8 which was sitting in my shed to work (I tried for on and off for months, and finally figured out where I was going wrong)! What an amazing camera it is!!!!

Thanks again for those who helped. :)

Archived