Security Installer Community

Swipe Or Card Readers

Oxford

OP said stand-alone!

Yes, I realise that, the Net2Air product could easily be used in a standalone mode, and doesn't require an active data line to operate. It is probably the Gold Plated option however, but does offer a number of benefits from an administration point of view.

That said, for the quantity required, the administration of tokens on a standalone product may be a real pain, but it all depends exactly upon how the end user is planning on utilising things. If they want to be able to bar a token, do you really want to go round 1000 devices to bar them, or manage 1000 enrollment cards.

The Paxton Encoding system may be an idea (a software based system enabling you to write a token for each cart based on an enrollment card), but you will still incur a large cost for enrollment cards for every reader if you want this functionality. On the other hand, a Net2Air would simply update the next time it was back at the refuel/recharge point - job done IMHO :)

You'd defiantly need the Net2Air for that, along with a voice sim in every buggy. Suspect that it would be cheaper to go token with it. I'm interested to see how long before we get the NFC stuff capable of being a token, I'm sure they must be working on it...

I wonder if a keypad system may be better - but something with a rolling code system that can be predicted by a PC. Enter the next code in the sequence for that unit, and the older codes are disabled. Ditto for entering a master code.

Not sure of any off the shelf products that do this, but I'm sure it will be possible.

Thinking about it - Paxton do have a bespoke division, and at 1000 units, you'd be ok on quantity...

you could do this by using the paxton sdk, but you need to know c# .net

kind of thing i do, im currently working on a project using the paxton sdk but i feel its overkill for your project.

but i may be wrong?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived