Security Installer Community

Yale Hsa500 Wired Siren Failure

The siren on my Yale HSA500 system that I fitted many years ago has stopped working and I am unable to find a direct replacement.

Can anybody advise what would be a suitable replacement wired siren for this particular alarm system.

Christ thats a scantronic 500r!?

Never seen one badged up as a Yale. How many connections are ther for the bell?

Should be a

12v

0v

Tamp

Bell Trig

Strobe (-)

and possibly a Strobe (+)

If they are marked up like this something like this should be ok

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honeywell-Intruder-Alarm-Bellbox-White-Blue-AG6-/220785950140?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item3367de3dbc#ht_571wt_905

If not you may need a multimeter to work out whats what depending how competent you are.

Silmner I'm sure, but the 500r does not have a learn position above the keypad as does the HSA500

:rolleyes:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Christ thats a scantronic 500r!?

Never seen one badged up as a Yale. How many connections are ther for the bell?

Should be a

12v

0v

Tamp

Bell Trig

Strobe (-)

and possibly a Strobe (+)

If they are marked up like this something like this should be ok

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honeywell-Intruder-Alarm-Bellbox-White-Blue-AG6-/220785950140?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item3367de3dbc#ht_571wt_905

If not you may need a multimeter to work out whats what depending how competent you are.

Many thanks for your reply.

There are 6 terminals inside the unit marked Bell 1 and 2, Strobe 1 and 2, Tamp 1 and 2.

I have a multimeter if you could give me some advice on what readings i should expect and in what alrm state I should take the readings

I'd hazard a guess....

Bell 1+2........... One of these should be 12v, the other will switch 0v when the alarm triggers

Strobe 1+2............ One of these will also be a 12v and one will switch 0v when the alarm triggers

Tamper 1+2............. one of these will be a 0v, the other will be the tamper return.

Most replacement sirens will only have 5 connections, disconnect the strobe in the panel

I'd hazard a guess....

Bell 1+2........... One of these should be 12v, the other will switch 0v when the alarm triggers

Strobe 1+2............ One of these will also be a 12v and one will switch 0v when the alarm triggers

Tamper 1+2............. one of these will be a 0v, the other will be the tamper return.

Most replacement sirens will only have 5 connections, disconnect the strobe in the panel

Many thanks again, I have bought the siren you recommended and will attempt to fit it when it arrives

I'd hazard a guess....

Sorry to pick your brain again.

The siren does have 5 terminals as you said, one is marked negative supply, can you confirm this should be connected to the tamper 0v terminal in the control box.

many thanks

• 1 month later...

Sorry to pick your brain again.

The siren does have 5 terminals as you said, one is marked negative supply, can you confirm this should be connected to the tamper 0v terminal in the control box.

many thanks

I also have the same problem and have ordered a similar 5 wire unit. How did you end up connecting the new siren unit?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. Been away.

In the end I did the following

I bought a Intellisense AG6 external sounder and strobe.

I connected BL1 to V+, BL2 to S-, TA1 to TR- and TA2 to V-.

It works but the strobe is not working.

Hope this helps

Archived