Security Installer Community

Is This Possible?

Amps

the info sheet with the contacts we fitted gave you the links to fit (or not) if double doors ............... however EVERY set of tampered flush fits we have fitted have now gone faulty and been swopped for ungraded ones.

comply with regs or keep police response? no contest.

Depends on the panel and tolerances. One contact manufacturer I talked to said it would work and that they had tested it on a few panels.

I rang castle and Europlex to see if it would work with their panels and both said no.

Test it with a couple of resistors first to see how the panel reacts

• 4 weeks later...

I have two flush contacts to fit on double doors Monday morning and they are the knight security with built in resistor type. Anyone know of a way to series these out on a Galaxy48 or is it not possible?

http://www.knightfireandsecurity.com/uploads/%5B31%5DXA41HOCO%20inst.pdf

Hi Steve,

The XA41HOCO can't be used in series, it was one of the first new graded contacts we brought out and was intended as a multi-version and could be used on either 1k/1k or 2k2/4k7, 6 months after launching it we had installers asking if they could use in series ! We then developed an alternative which is specific to Galaxy and can be use on double doors (shared zone), XA41HO . (and other versions for other resistor types) If you give us a call at Knight I can sort you some samples.

Within a few weeks we are launching a new version which is XA41MULTI, this will work with virtually all UK resistor combinations, 1k/1k, 2k2/2k2, 2k2/4k7, 4k7/4k7, 5k6/5k6, 10k.10k and maybe 1 otr 2 I cant remember ! It is also suitable for shared zones, and a no-resistor option is selectable. Its based on a very clever - well I think so, my designer is a star ! This should be great for both distributors and installers alike as you can dramatically cut down your ranges, and thus stock, great for us too as we have so many variations of the flush at the moment its murder.

Again, if you want a look give us a shout, or keep an eye on our web-site. www.knightfireandsecurity.com

cheers, Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

The XA41HOCO can't be used in series, it was one of the first new graded contacts we brought out and was intended as a multi-version and could be used on either 1k/1k or 2k2/4k7, 6 months after launching it we had installers asking if they could use in series ! We then developed an alternative which is specific to Galaxy and can be use on double doors (shared zone), XA41HO . (and other versions for other resistor types) If you give us a call at Knight I can sort you some samples.

Within a few weeks we are launching a new version which is XA41MULTI, this will work with virtually all UK resistor combinations, 1k/1k, 2k2/2k2, 2k2/4k7, 4k7/4k7, 5k6/5k6, 10k.10k and maybe 1 otr 2 I cant remember ! It is also suitable for shared zones, and a no-resistor option is selectable. Its based on a very clever - well I think so, my designer is a star ! This should be great for both distributors and installers alike as you can dramatically cut down your ranges, and thus stock, great for us too as we have so many variations of the flush at the moment its murder.

Again, if you want a look give us a shout, or keep an eye on our web-site. www.knightfireandsecurity.com

cheers, Tim

About time somebody thought of this - If a double door swung open in the wind you would have a confirmed alarm with the same technology so wouldnt be compliant. We were told the only way round it would have been installing a detector looking at the doors and both door contacts being on entry and detector on intruder. Couldnt have imagined the cost of doing that in some of the sites we work in.

Archived