Security Installer Community

Texecom Com-Ip Module

zurrieq

Zip7 here.

Works fine, no problems

What is it?

I installed 7-zip. Can open the downloaded zip file but I can only see CobLoad as 1 file inside the archive. Doubleclicking that file shows the .exe and .cob files.

Edited by zurrieq

I opted for DOS:

tftp -i xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx PUT Web1.cob WEB1

which worked. In fact I can now see the Menu on the side.

I enter the engineering password. When I click Online Keypad, I get the keypad indicating "Reading.......", then I get no "Access with System". Then I click something else such as System Zone Status or Event Log and I get a System Alerts on the keypad - Areas need reset and Com 1 Fault. Trid this a number of times and always get the same issue.

Do I need to enable something?

I had done that but still did not work. Anyways, then I installed it through dos prompt was was quite simple. The problems is that the code is still not working as per above post. Any ideas?

Apologies, I didn't read all of your post

Try setting a UDL password and using that, when I tried that, it does sort of work but usually results in crashing my ComIP module causing a com port fault

Edited by reidy

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Apologies, I didn't read all of your post

Try setting a UDL password and using that, when I tried that, it does sort of work but usually results in crashing my ComIP module causing a com port fault

Ok... using the UDL password connects but it makes the Com-IP fault all the time. Pity there is no fix for such a useful tool.

to switch from one option to another you must close the existing option by clicking the underlined close at the bottom

So there was nothing wrong with the upload it seems

Edited by breff

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

has anyone yet had any luck writing Java code to connect to the ComIP module, I am able to connect to the module but have not yet worked out how to send a receive meaningful messages.

In addition i notice you are able to telnet to port 9999 of the comip, but it requires a password, i have tried all the usual defaults and the passwords for UDL, engineering code etc... but no luck, any ideas?

Any info appreciated,

Thanks,

J

• 2 years later...