Security Installer Community

Wireless Fire

keeny

hi, ive been asked to fit a new wireless system to an office block, about 25 call points/sounders/ detectors, i prefer to fit cabled systems, but the client wants wireless (listed building), what does everybody else use, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware that the BS EN54-25 has changed recently and Equipment installed from March 2011 should comply with the New Standards. Hyfire does, and EMS new kit does, (be careful, they still quote the older stuff for some reason).

Other manufactureres are still dithering a bit, so make sure you get assurance that it complies, otherwise you may be finding some surprises when you try to get spares in the future!

A thing to check with the EMS system is the batteries used in their wireless fire system. I haven't worked on their fire system, but on their wireless nurse call system the propriety batteries (AA sized 3.6v lithium soldered on to a custom pcb that plugs in to the unit) used in the call points are only available from them and they are quite expensive, IIRC in the region of a tenner each. The quality of the equipment is top notch though. The ultrasonic PA receivers use standard D cell alkalines so possibly their fire gear uses more common batteries.

Hi, I have installed a few of the EMS systems as well as a couple of Hyfire systems. I would recommend the EMS systems personally.. but they can be pretty expensive. As previously stated make sure you buy the new compliant equipment. Worthwhile going on the EMS course too, i attended this course and found it very informative and helpful.

Hope this helps!

James

Archived