Security Installer Community

Scantronic Homelink 75

cretan-steve

Hi,

I have a Scantronic Homelink 75 system which is causing me some heartache, I am getting a fault on the panel which is stopping it being set which reads ' low battery ' then ' very low battery ' sometimes it is accompanied by a message ' RF Sup Fail Z04 ' this has also read Z03 in the past.

I have done the following to try and resolve the problem but to no avail;

Changed the batteries in all the PIR's, ( we have no door contacts because we have alluminium )

Checked the six rechargable back-up batteries in the control unit and they are holding a correct charge

Changed the whole control panel, I have a spare incl the six batteries, the same problem moved to the new panel.

On test all the detectors are showing a signal strength of between 4 and 9 and the walk test activates all the PIR's as expected.

I am running out of obvious things that can be wrong and would welcome some input from you ?

Thanks steve

would agree (i'm assuming your reckoning) a supervision issue.

you say sig strength between 4 & 9, i'm assuming (again) you got ss 4 on zones 04 & 03.

sig stength of 4 is not very good. try moving the pir's nearer the panel to see if it resolves the issue. can do this temporarily.

have you done any structural diy? eg using foil backed plasterboard, or fitted any new electrics, plumbing that might interfere with signal?

would agree (i'm assuming your reckoning) a supervision issue.

you say sig strength between 4 & 9, i'm assuming (again) you got ss 4 on zones 04 & 03.

sig stength of 4 is not very good. try moving the pir's nearer the panel to see if it resolves the issue. can do this temporarily.

have you done any structural diy? eg using foil backed plasterboard, or fitted any new electrics, plumbing that might interfere with signal?

Thanks hpotter for your input, as for the weather it will hopefully improve before the UK will !

On the alarm front I have now deleted all the detectors and the zones one at a time in the hope the

'warning triangle ' on the panel would disappear along with the low battery warnings but now with them all deleted there has been no change ? Where do I go from here ?

Not a panel we fit, but if the ! is still displayed are there events/faults logged when you enter your code?

Could try power cycle the panlel and go from there

Hi,

Thanks for your input 9651, yes the display still shows the low / very low battery fault, tried powering down as suggested with no luck.

Furthermore when I took the panel off the tamper triggered until the ribbon cable was disconnected from the wall plate ( mains connected still? ) then stopped suggesting the back-up batteries were shot, the display also lost its time and date, but have checked the batteries and they are all fine, checked them with a meter and put them in a remote control for the tv and even only 1.2v not the 1.5 duracell they worked fine, all of them.

I am struggling to believe I have two panels both with identical faults unless this is a known weakness of this panel ?

Is it possible the 'low battery' fault is referring to these batteries and not the ones in the PIR's as seems to be the suggestion ?

Thanks for your help steve

What batteries are you using? We have some Cooper 9751/2's out there with HWX (wireless expanders) and they are funny if you use cheap (****) batteries in the detection. Would only use Duracells. Usually a low battery will be followed by where, ie the zone number/description. As mentioned we don't fit or have any of these under maintenance so second guessing really. :hmm: We fit Honeywell wireless.

as #2, move iffy detectors nearer panel, re-learn & check signal strength. ss4, i'd expect either pir end of garden or in a biscuit tin assuming bog std house contruction.

Thanks guys for your input, this is on hold for the moment, not solved by any means but am concerned about the back-up batteries being flat, I have ordered new from the UK, arriving in about a week. Did lots of things following the advice posted and seemed to be going around in circles with different faults every time, cure one another one turned up !

Please look out for my new posts when I have got the batteries fitted, either to say everything working fine or back to square one !

Regards steve

look forward to updates.

push comes to shove, can swap panel for i-on & use existing detection.

not that can see a panel problem, less supervision issues due to eg building works (we stopped using 75's due to foil backed p/bd on new builds.

• 3 weeks later...

Are the iffy detectors in a cold location, maybe on a outside facing wall with no cavity insulation? I've seen spurious low battery calls from alkaline powered devices when they get down below 10 degrees or so, putting a lithium battery in helps. Wireless wander or panic alarms fitted to doors in a cold lobby in an older house are a favorite for this.

Archived