Security Installer Community

Premier 48 & Exodus Fire Detector

zurrieq

Installation with the Intruder alarm is progressing but I am not sure about the fire/smoke detector. I am trying to figure out how to connect the Exodus OH/4W detector to the premier 48 panel. I will be connecting each detector on a separate zone. Is this wiring for an EOL correct please... especially where and how to place the resistors?

post-30072-0-60548400-1297294983_thumb.j

Thanks

Installation with the Intruder alarm is progressing but I am not sure about the fire/smoke detector. I am trying to figure out how to connect the Exodus OH/4W detector to the premier 48 panel. I will be connecting each detector on a separate zone. Is this wiring for an EOL correct please... especially where and how to place the resistors?

post-30072-0-60548400-1297294983_thumb.j

Thanks

Perfect. :yes:

Not a problem!

One quick tip, when installing resistors on them type of terminals. Fold the very ends of the resistor legs over.

This ensures a good connection to the terminals.

A quick update:

I just spent 2 days rethinking on the PIR connection to the panel and decided to opt as below as I have finally understood the circuit. Initially I was looking at an old premier installation manual (Issue4) and now I got hold of Issue 6 which explains the TEOL. This is the new wiring:

post-30072-0-85097900-1297528155_thumb.j

I have setup the keypads and their zones, programmed the PIR as TEOL and performed a walk test. All responded fine. Now I need to connect the comip to start programming over wintex.

Archived