Security Installer Community

Security Implicants Of Geotagging

RichL

Be careful what pictures you post online....

This video link demonstrates how photos you take and post on the internet can be tracked to EXACTLY WHERE you took them, including YOUR HOME...

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7621105

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

my IP4 will do this, but you can turn off the GPS which stops it.

many shopping apps ask to use your current location, so say Maplins can innocently look up which store nearest to you has an item your inerested in, thats in stock, but could also be used to watch your habits much ike loyalty cards.

the idea surfaces in many cameras, recording when and where you took the photo and associating with Google maps, ideal for taking evidence photo's after a road accident. very useful but possibly also a serious privacy problem for some.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

but could also be used to watch your habits much ike loyalty cards.
Don't think for a nano second that they wont be used/abused like that. The amount of info harvested and then sold on during seemingly transactions is astounding.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I think google got into trouble over their androids doing that, initial beta versions were reporting back as research, but should have ben switched off - like whoopps / yeh right!

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived