Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 Initial Power Up Problem

Guest Benny

No need to short kick start off mains, thats only for battery starting. I'd pull a bit of load off it first before powering up, just whip out the 12v + and maybe the bell +. Short the reset pins then power up, this will load defaults. We used to fit loads, no problem doing this

Thnak you 9651 & Oxo for your kind help.

I followed your instructions, and have had some success. I disconnected the plug on molex connector (wired to the SD1 diallar), then kick started the system.

The system has started up,I keyed in the user code followed by the eng code, & the keypad is showing the alert lamp & is showing a host of problems. Its displaying AUX DC fail, Zone Tamper Z01 - Z08, and Bell tamper.

I have wired the zones 1-19 using FSL method with 4k2 resistor across the N/C contacts and 2k2 for tamper in series.

With the external bells, I've got 2, Pyronix deltabell plus. The tampers are in series with the TR coming from the rear sounder. Both are in SAB mode but on the rear sounder, I've left the Bell & strobe disconnected at the panel. (effectively using it as a dummy box but with flashing LEDs)

I've wired the 3 triggers of the SD1 to the plug on communicator Brown (fire), Orange (PA) & Yellow(Burglar). A&B terminals on SD1 hardwired to respective telephone connectons.

The Molex seemed to be the initial problem, but why?

The bellboxes I will have to check the tamper switches are closed properly, and the Zone tampers, thats now baffling me! All zones are wired up accordingly and all tampers are shut.

regards

19 zones?

You got one made for you?

9651 = 8 zones.

Or i`m in need of being shot.

Two EWD`s will overload the panel.

Swap one to SCB.

Zones need to be allocated as FSL.

You seem to be right in the wireing, just not the programming.

9651 defaults to DP Not FSL/EOL.

Mains 1st.

Panel can be a bit of a pig occasionally.

And dont bother shorting the pins, its not got any programming to lose.

out of interest how many people power panels batt first?

ive always connected mains first in the belief that its less aggresive than the kick from the batt

have also seen panels damaged from the intial rush of a batt but never from mains?

A lot of panels can't generate enough current to blown away fuse mains only and the battery is req.

So if your unsure of wiring etc if say breifly power up on battery first, if sure then mains first and battery immediately after

If you do have a short and leave it on mains only and it doesn't blown the fuse you will quickly fry the power supply.

I do mains then battery myself.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Some tell mains, others batt.

Mains first myself.

tbh i power any panel from mains first even if it says batt first!

its a softer starting method as it will be smoother through the transformer than it will from the battery

but i could be wrong?

19 zones?

You got one made for you?

9651 = 8 zones.

Or i`m in need of being shot.

Two EWD`s will overload the panel.

Swap one to SCB.

Zones need to be allocated as FSL.

You seem to be right in the wireing, just not the programming.

9651 defaults to DP Not FSL/EOL.

Hi oxo, no i meant I've wired 19 zones using 2 HWX expanders, sorry, I should have been more clearer. 8 on panel, 8 on HWX1 & 3 on HWX2.

Initially I had the second sounder on SCB, but the The tech chap at pyronix told me that both on SAB would be fine, and the panel would cope with the current draw.

I wasn't convinced so I've left the bell & strobe disconnected on the rear one, and just have 12 volts & tamper connected. so in an alarm, I'LL only have the front one pulling load.(As you've advised I'll set the rear one to SCB regardless)

Now im entering the ENG code to sort out the programming, but keypad is locked out!!

Shall I power down & start again?

Thanks again & regards

ps. is my wiring of the SD1 correct to the molex connector? i.e Comms O/P1 - O/P3 to triggers 1-3( i've also connected last 2 pins of molex to 0v & 12v) However this was preventing initial start up.

Archived