Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 Initial Power Up Problem

Guest Benny

Hello,

I'm trying to start up my scantronic 9751 alarm system for the first time, but there seems to be a problem.

I have connected the battery only, as per install guide.

When I short the kick start pins, the internal sounder and keypad come on momentarily, (about 5sec), but then all goes dead. No sound from sounder & Keypad also goes blank.

I have to wait a few minutes before I can kick start the pins again, but the same thing happens as above. keypad & sounder comes on only momentarily, and does not give me a chance to enter the user code.

I've checked the T250mA fuse in the control panel,its ok.

I've addressed the Expander cards (2) & keypads (2)correctly, and all dectectors & external sounders are wired up correctly.

I've also wired a Menvier SD1 speech diallar to the on board communicator, using the molex connector.

The resistance and continuity of each cable was tested during during installation, all was fine.

I will be grateful if anyone knows what may be wrong?

Kind regards

Is the battery flat?

Hi James, thanks for your reply.

I don't know to be honest, its a new battery, ordered with the alarm system. (Its a Yuasa NP7-12 7Ah).

Can I maybe connect it, & apply mains power for a couple of hours to charge it up?

Or is this not a good idea?

I've checked & rechecked all my connections to the panel, they all seem fine.

regards

Power up from mains?

Hi 9651, thanks for your reply, so do I just switch on the mains, and then short the pins? It wouldn't cause damage the pcb would it?

No need to short kick start off mains, thats only for battery starting. I'd pull a bit of load off it first before powering up, just whip out the 12v + and maybe the bell +. Short the reset pins then power up, this will load defaults. We used to fit loads, no problem doing this

Funnily enough I always power the panel and keypads before adding anything.

Comes from some bad kit yrs ago. Nice to know the system works before you add 200 zones!

Archived