Security Installer Community

Fastest Remote Transmission Dvr

Taylormade

Hi All,

I have to spec a system for one of our customers, the main area of concern is how much bandwidth the DVR will use when it is being viewed remotely. I have installed DM, Dynamic EZ range, Alien, Concept Pro, Avermedia and Killer and they all seem to be OK but none which stand out and say choose me!!!. I was wondering if any of you gurus could offer any guidance.

I will obviously need the latest protocol, H.264, but I have read somewhere that not all H.264 protocols are the same so that is only a rough guide. One system i do have my eye on is the latest samsung, but i have never viewed it remotely. Oh and this is a system which will be viewed 5 days a week mon to fri, so the SW needs to be reliable and it will be viewning multiple sites so also needs some decent CMS.

I am willing to trial 3 brands on site for a few hours to get the best one.

Hope somebody can help.

best remote imo is adpro.

but there are others.

whats your upsteam?

They are on ADSL Max so 448Kbps but it is dependant upon distance from exchange, and I dont think they will stomach the price tag of an adpro, BTW if you want to buy one i have a fasttrace in my garage, but have never had the time to log onto it and the customer where i took it from wants something for it. (we took over an ADT site and replaced it with DM instead, there is a dome to go with it too.

I Agree (in a slightly biased opinion) that adpro are the best on the market, however as you say it does come with a price.

It all depends on what the customer main useage is going to be. If its for true alarm transmission then its going to be an Adpro, tele-eye etc. However if the alarm side is not the primary reason and the unit is going to be used for monitoring, then in my opinion most mid-priced DVR's are the very close with performance (on the same spec system. And the DVR's are usually chosen by ease of install and ofcourse price. So with that in mind its quite hard to recomend a specfic unit.

I Agree (in a slightly biased opinion) that adpro are the best on the market, however as you say it does come with a price.

It all depends on what the customer main useage is going to be. If its for true alarm transmission then its going to be an Adpro, tele-eye etc. However if the alarm side is not the primary reason and the unit is going to be used for monitoring, then in my opinion most mid-priced DVR's are the very close with performance (on the same spec system. And the DVR's are usually chosen by ease of install and ofcourse price. So with that in mind its quite hard to recomend a specfic unit.

I have used both Fasttrace and Teleeye's

Both are good units but the adpro is very expensive.

The teleeye units HDD's can replaced onsite, Adpro is a factory job.

Teleeye doesen't need a fixed IP but it cost you $20 a year after the first year (still cheaper than BT fixed IP).

Best of all Teleeye have support in the UK!

adpro isnt a factory job, and ill have to say this IMO as a transmitter ****** on a teleeye.

the teleeye got more mainstream acceptance when adpro stopped adi selling them, but did stop that practice in the end.

Best way to find out the best remote transmission system is to ask the actual operators at the arc's, ie the people using them every day.

in my experience they prefer adpro to teleye and teleeye to dm. But dm is shocking IMO as a transmitter (good dvr though)

way i look at it that the adpro fast trace is a transmitter that also records, but the dm is a recorder that also transmits.

dm is the better recorder, and adpro is the better transmitter. teleeye is in the middle for both imho

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

adpro isnt a factory job, and ill have to say this IMO as a transmitter ****** on a teleeye.

the teleeye got more mainstream acceptance when adpro stopped adi selling them, but did stop that practice in the end.

Best way to find out the best remote transmission system is to ask the actual operators at the arc's, ie the people using them every day.

in my experience they prefer adpro to teleye and teleeye to dm. But dm is shocking IMO as a transmitter (good dvr though)

way i look at it that the adpro fast trace is a transmitter that also records, but the dm is a recorder that also transmits.

dm is the better recorder, and adpro is the better transmitter. teleeye is in the middle for both imho

I agree with you the Adpro does a better job as a transmitter but you have to pay for it.

Thanks for the interest,

I am going to try the new Alien from SysQ and the new VMX from videcon & the newsamsung H.264 machine. If you would like to know the results let me know.

LT

Archived