Security Installer Community

Fastest Remote Transmission Dvr

Taylormade

as to the original question on the fastest transmittion DVR, would that really be the main critria?

if you need speed, that indicates to me your client would be watching for say a theft of a watch or ring, perhas till theft by staff dipping, if so then image quality has to be concidered as priority, i'd say over Tx speed.

many DVRs use a substream for remote viewing, this is so to increase the Tx speed the substream is set low resolution to use less data, that makes the 'live' image lower quality while the recording remains unaffected at a higher quality.

tbh i'd see it as difficut to rate one DVR above another due to the substream setings variables and personal 'acceptance' levels which are highl subjective, for the task in hand.

was a mention elswhere about dynamic ip, dynddns.com have a free service allows 2 webservers, you can only refresh every 24 hours but no costs involved, the client has to log in once every 30 days or the accout expires, to me trusting clients to do this is a risk

the pro service allows as many refreshes as you like and you can have iirc) 25 hosts al for about £12 pa. you can read the logs of all your sites on one page, so you get reports. if they can't log in you can 1st check the service is running. if so you can expect the router has been reset or replaced (assuming dynddnsdetails are in DVR).

i like it as i can set up the clients account, remote access and test its all active from home, so as soon as i port forwarding is done at site, its up and running.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the interest,

I am going to try the new Alien from SysQ and the new VMX from videcon & the newsamsung H.264 machine. If you would like to know the results let me know.

LT

I have also used the VXM4B's.

Not a bad machine but be carfull which one you use.

Check out the recording calculator before you order the machine.Videcon CCTV download page

The VXM4-B has a lower recording frame rate than the VXM4-RT.

This can be a problem if you have a big HDD and you think your going to have D1 images with a good frame rate.

The only down side is unlike the Adpro and Teleeye it emails the CS with an alarm much like the DS2's.

Just looked on the site and they have a new one out VXH264!

Archived