Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9930 Keypad

Guest yoghurt

a simple work around is to change the code away from faulty digits, best not use repetative keys like 1133, 7333 or 4777 as it increases wear on particular keys.

wise to avoid historical dates like 1066, 1812, 1966 and so on, i advise to use codes based on date of birth, be it the year or DDMM like 4312, if i'm in a cruel mood i'll suggest using their aniversary date - makes me real popular with the husbands who can't remmember :).

User manual may be available from this site if needed

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

a simple work around is to change the code away from faulty digits, best not use repetative keys like 1133, 7333 or 4777 as it increases wear on particular keys.

wise to avoid historical dates like 1066, 1812, 1966 and so on, i advise to use codes based on date of birth, be it the year or DDMM like 4312, if i'm in a cruel mood i'll suggest using their aniversary date - makes me real popular with the husbands who can't remmember :).

User manual may be available from this site if needed

Arfur

Hear ya go yoghurt(if you want to have a go that is) :yes:

9651 User Guide UK Iss 2 .pdf

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I've tried cleaning one up with no avail before. Also the 9930 is now obsolete? Avoid taking the rkp off as mentioned above could be progged as eng tamper reset.............

Bells only and a bit old do likely BS

Sites do show as still available. Tbh I roll up some corrugated box and gently scrub fhe pcb, wipe the buttons on lint free dry clothe (clean handkerchief)

I only seem to get this problem on scanny keypads, others must also get it though I'd guess

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The 9941EN and 9943EN keypads are designed to work with 9853, 9851, 9752, 9751 and 9651 alarm system control units. These keypads are a direct replacement for the 9930, and offers the advantage of smaller size and improved appearance. The 9943 keypad has a proximity tag reader coil fitted inside the case and can work with the same proximity tags as the 934 proximity reader module. The 9941 has no detector coil fitted.

Archived