Security Installer Community

Engineer Code

Gemini

it shouldnt disarm the system unless it was armed with an engineer code. It should allow accedd to engineer mode from an unset state, or if advanced enough will not allow any changes to parts of the system that are armed

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I think hpotter said some scanny panels dis-arm with engineer code a while bk.

tis true, on 9651, providing no ee zone activated lol. other 9x5x can change option in programming (guard code option on/off).

to comply customer must be made aware of forcing user code before eng code (user code ****, 3, 3, tick).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am new to using the galaxy 3 and I have one at a warehouse refurb for a customer.

We have the user codes and we know that the engineer code is set to default value.

However on accessing panel with user code, option 48 is not selectable to input engineer code.

Need to disable system so that a detector can be re-sited due to building layout.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

peter

However on accessing panel with user code, option 48 is not selectable to input engineer code.

That's because your User Code is a USER Code, it needs to a MANAGER Code to access '48'

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived