Security Installer Community

Bmw Makes Iphone Linked App, Shows The Future?

james.wilson

that is coming on the new c class merc so i cant see why not.

Be useful to have i have seen it done on modified audi units, but its a lot of work.

Id like to have notification of new emails, text messages etc on the display, as well as access to the car from the mobile.

Cant afford a new M3 but my feeling is that we have ip connected alarms, but we cant do anything useful with it apart from signal or udl.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I may have dreamt this but 2 friends (brothers) have new shape M3's and I'm sure 1 of them (iirc) has Google on the dashboard display?

I have a Navigon SatNav (German). This has the Google feature on it.

Has i understand it, BMW use Navigon for their built in kit so likely to include Google on new stuff.

For what it's worth, far better to do any Google search in Google Maps on the mobile then enter address into satnav.

I have VX sat nav, generally its OK but lacks full p.code entry, having said that it's never let me down but it's a late 2008 model so the disc is still relatively in date. It does have some sort of live feature (TMC) that is excellent for showing standing traffic, dynamic re-route etc. I just though it weird seeing the Google screen in a car, those crazy Germans.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived