Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax+ & Novagard 6 Alarm Help

daveharris

Hi all.

sorry to bother you late on a Sunday, but i have an issue that i'm hoping you can help with.

I have a powermax+ alarm and a novagard6 external sounder with strobe. The alarm has been in place for a week now, and im slowly adding more sensors, but it seems to work very well. I only added the external sounder today but now i've run into a problem with it.

Upon arming and disarming via the keyPAD, everything is fine. But, if i use the keyFOB, the external sounder sounds (quite loudly, only the external sounder though, not the internal one) for about a second when ever i arm and disarm the system, which is going to annoy my neighbours no end, and probably result in them disliking me quite a bit!

Please, please can somebody help.

cheers,

Dave.

think you will find this is 'chirp'.

i don't use powermaqx but the same 'chirp' happens on agility and wisdom panels, used for siiations with high ambient noise where you have problems hearing the set/unset bleepers.

look to see if you can program it off in engineer mode

Arfur

edit: its called 'squawk' not chirp, see page 20 of user instructions

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

think you will find this is 'chirp'.

i don't use powermaqx but the same 'chirp' happens on agility and wisdom panels, used for siiations with high ambient noise where you have problems hearing the set/unset bleepers.

look to see if you can program it off in engineer mode

Arfur

edit: its called 'squawk' not chirp, see page 20 of user instructions

Dooooooood! Thank you so much, such a simple fix, but works perfectly! You are the man!

cheers,

Dave.

Dooooooood! Thank you so much, such a simple fix, but works perfectly! You are the man!

cheers,

Dave.

thanks Dave, but please keep your oppinions quiet - as not everyone in here agree's with you :whistle: .

lets just keep it our little secret - deal?

:P

glad to be of help, alarms like with the wife, its the ittle things that keep you guessing whats actually wrong ;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks Dave, but please keep your oppinions quiet - as not everyone in here agree's with you :whistle: .

lets just keep it our little secret - deal?

:P

glad to be of help, alarms like with the wife, its the ittle things that keep you guessing whats actually wrong ;).

Arfur

Haha, quality - dealio!

Thanks again!

:)

Dave.

Dave I gave you all the answers and assisted the diagrams you gave over the past week.

Also the final answer to your chirping sounder.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:25 pm Post Subject: Help Wiring Novagard 6 & Powermax+ icon_wiki.gif icon_quote.gif icon_ignore.gif icon_thanks.gif

Hi Experts.

I have an issue which I’m hoping you can help with. Basically, I recently fitted a new alarm which went pretty smoothly. The next stage was to fix the external sounder, and that’s where i’m struggling a little.

I have:

• Risco NovaGard 6 External Sounder (with LED’s and Strobe)

• Visonic Powermax+ Alarm

Ring any bells?

Never mind I talked you thru everyting including the last issue, glad to assist.

Dave I gave you all the answers and assisted the diagrams you gave over the past week.

Ring any bells?

Never mind I talked you thru everyting including the last issue, glad to assist.

Even i saw that one when having a snoop around on the comedy channel. :yes:

Ring any bells?

Hi, I appreciate your help, don't get me wrong, but when its dark and late and wet and im still up a ladder and the alarm keeps sounding each time i arm it, the neighbours are getting annoyed etc and i was getting a little frustrated that it wasnt working. The answer you gave me for the last step was "Turn off, siren when set."

Although correct, I couldnt find this exact option in the pm manual, as its refered to as SQUAWK, and I was looking for chirp/sound/beep/noise etc and as I only had the ladders for a few hours, I needed to solve the problem right away, hence enquiring on this forum also.

Anyway, all sorted now, so thank you both, you are both the MEN! lol

cheers,

Dave.

Archived