Security Installer Community

Bt 2 Wire Router

james.wilson

Mr Potter

You said you have had some issues with the 2 wire router crashing etc. SO far i have been impressed with their long term stability. Do you mean the business one this

post-6868-0-75904700-1290447404_thumb.jp

or the home one?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

thats the one.

said on our 3rd, not stricly true.

been using a netgear one for past few months cos last 2wire burnt out friday eve, so popped to pcworld. bt sent new one as promiced by monday morning, still in box, looking at it now on filing cabs.

I will change it over & i do like them too, find port forwarding etc a doddle.

point i was making was to do with reliance on tech products ourselves without comprehending the enormity of failure given our industry.

i'm o cable and use a Dlink router, good as gold. far less hassle setting up port forwarding imho tha BT 2 Wire versions.

not had any fail myself, just one refused to be forwarded even BT Tech could not get it to sing having reoted in.

I know of about 4 clients who have swapped out the BT 2wire's after constant issues though, and one client i can't get SQ's remote acces software to work on it, but i can access via IE, so work that one out? thinkits a propergation issu but i don't have the kit to prove it :(.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I have found them more stable, in fact havnt had a single issue over the netgear units we used to use. However following Cubit recommendation I have replaced a faulty netgear with a draytek. So far no issues

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Errr nope I paid for my netgear router.

Not a basic bit of tat bT provide.

My BB is not bT provided either.

The router I was provided with was so pi55 poor it was unreal, I did buy a bT equilivant netgear router that lasted a week.

So paid a bit more, a lot more actually and have something that works.

paid for our netgear too.

what i meant was lots of firms got the 2wire kit- its free, so good to be familiar with it.

sorry, as its split from "keep up with new tech" thread think i'm going off on tangent. think maybe time to go off home for t :gimme:

Nah might have been me, trying to up post count :P

T--------- hmm late now but steak needs a battering as the new potatoes with olive oil chorizio garlic and peppers roast.

Archived