Security Installer Community

The Power Of Cctv

Driller

Lost the other half's keys yesterday. I'd gone down to the basement for a bit (no access through house, outside door with lock hence keys) came back up, mooched about a bit, time passed etc etc

Later on tried to find the keys. Couldn't. Tore the house apart looking for them. Nothing. Then it was time to go out with some friends so had to let it go and used my keys. Horrible leaving not knowing where the others were.

Came back still couln't find the damn things. Anyway...

Had the bright idea this evening to check the CCTV. Watching myself going into the basement, then come out ten minutes later to get my phone, oh I'd forgotten about that. Watch myself go back down and half an hour later come back out carrying what looks like a plastic bag. Oh, forgot about that too, it was a bag of rubbish from where I'd been doing some soldering electronics stuff.

Watch myself go into the house, into kitchen then go back outside and throw the bag into the rubbish. Completely forgotten I had done that.

So I just went outside and removed the bag from the rubbish and guess what? I'd absentmindedly put the keys in the bloody rubbish! Rubbish is collected tomorrow so they would have gone and we would never have known where they went. Would have driven me insane.

CCTV, what a wonderful thing :P

:rolleyes:lol!,

6 month back,i had the embarresment of accidentally picking up a clients set of keys, thinking they were mine, they had a Toyota key, yale door key even a simular tag and few small keys.

go to site next day get asked about their keys. so say i have no idea, usually won't put clients keys in my pocket to prevent me leaving with them. if i have to, then in they go in back trouser pocket so i sit on them before driving off, but i had obviously seen these and thought they were mine, and put them in the jacket side pocket.

anyway, this client is a gadget man from hell, he had a locator fob on them and tracked the keys to my jacket - boy was i embarresed, fortunately they have known me for over 30 years and just fell about laughing, fortunate as a new client might have thought i was up to no good :whistle: .

--------------

when kids were younge i had a company car, we were due to go away for weekend to freinds. so we get all the bits by the front door and i can't find my keys, spare set is in office for such needs, but who needs the embarresment?

search the house, blame the kids, the wife all and sundry as you do from frustration, rake through the draws, the garden, the bin, toy boxes every where even arm down both bogs as far as i can get, no avail,

after 1 1/2 hours go by, i give up. as i remove my coat i find my keys in my cardigan pocket whoops! - i rarely wear cardigans, but we were going to the freinds who had bought it for me the previous xmas

i have kept this gulity secret for over 45 years - and i burnt that bloody cardigan the 1st guy fawks night after :P .

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I love rewinding my life, CCTV has caught my car being hit by neighbors or delivery drivers and successfully gained an insurance claim, caught kids on my rear wall, drivers of stolen vehicles dumped outside my house have been caught, and the phone book man who broke my letterbox trying to put the book through it (what a plum he was) CCTV is just great

Archived