Security Installer Community

Audio Verified

mma

I installed a bucket load of alarms with audio verifacation. I wasn't totally happy with the equipment but do think the idea behind it is good. have any of you ever installed any and if so what did you use and was it any good.

Have taken over some and converted them to seq.

I personally think the theory is flawed from a false alarm prevention system. Also shows its security weakness when it has to be backed up by sequential.

I think it does have a place in a few limited applications. Sequential is more general purpose imo.

Have taken over some and converted them to seq.

I personally think the theory is flawed from a false alarm prevention system. Also shows its security weakness when it has to be backed up by sequential.

I think it does have a place in a few limited applications. Sequential is more general purpose imo.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

too many false alarm causes involve noise imo. ARC's seem to police it if any noise at alarm time. also the subs make noise when setting it off.

In some designs ie when using active beams or vibros to protect a wall / sheet behind racking etc then sequential is difficult to achieve and audio would be spot on. But other than that i think sequential is better.

Domestics liked the idea and it did come in handy for elderly people to act as nurse call. I was never happy about installing it in commercial jobs though. Wouldn't always go through on the 1st attempt. There is a company up here who installs loads. As seen on tv. ( that's for ripping old ladies off for thousands of pounds for an alarm that should have been a few hundred)

do you mean these un approved firms using the mic in the panel to confirm?

Yes i suppose a complaint audio system domestically could work but id of thought a quad and a dt per room would be more effective, stable and cheaper?

much the same then lol

I installed maybe 5 Audio confirmation systems back in the day. Removed all within 2 years. Mine were proper audio to ARC for Police, not the gimicky poo that chepo prettend alarm co do.

Customers!

Archived