Security Installer Community

Cctv Fps Comparison Video

james.wilson

new intruder panel eg, get rep, training, as much info as needed. feedback throuht rep & tech (as a rule).

cctv, changes without warning, (tinkering almost in many cases), no idiot (me?) proof like for like comparisons. assumptions what works on the bench, works on site. new is always better. integration with computers - far too many variations & often far too many options. why not cut out half the c*rp only geeks might in a million years use & concentrate on the 99% of the rest of us.

could go on.

intruder is reg based, cctv is acronym based.

I know I kind of asked this question in another thread a while back but what are the reasons for needing multiple DVRs?

One for monitoring but possibly too expensive for standard installs?

One for standard installs.

One for budget installs.

Or the DVR used on budget 4 channel installers is not available in a 8 or 16 channel (or higher I suppose)?

ideally we would want one unit that can be the dvr and alarm transmitter. This would ideally be a budgetish unit but obviously not a cheap and nasty type budget

Id say that in the range we would want a unit that has an upgrade path to transmission so its not priced out of the market for use in non transmission systems. So by its nature we would want it available in various ways etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

cost is important but not the be all.

1st in range should be simple as a dvd player to use, esp on playback, & shouldnt matter if using mouse/remote or front panel.

(there's a thing - front panel, scares the cr*p out of users before you start.)

why do cases have to be so large & horizontal? On small jobs with eg 4 cams why would they need room for 4-8 HD etc? Why not flat cased & wall mountable?

start with end user and work down the needs chain.

Archived