Security Installer Community

Opening Ports On Bt Business Hub

alterEGO

See above, i.e. Virgin cable do not offer fixed ip, people like because it is virtually unlimited download, others claim unlimited but in fact subject to their version of 'fair usage' which is tbh very restrictive.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

See above, i.e. Virgin cable do not offer fixed ip, people like because it is virtually unlimited download, others claim unlimited but in fact subject to their version of 'fair usage' which is tbh very restrictive.

Arfur

Fair enough there Arfur seeing im in Sunny Cornwall Cable aint down here yet,

so static IP from ADSL ISP always

sometimes theres no additional cost for fixed IP, had a job few months back wanted remote viewing I spoke to BT for the customer and arranged it all, BT put em on cheaper tarrif and with all the sites the customer has in the end I saved few quid a quater.

Sven

Fair enough there Arfur seeing im in Sunny Cornwall Cable aint down here yet,

so static IP from ADSL ISP always

sometimes theres no additional cost for fixed IP, had a job few months back wanted remote viewing I spoke to BT for the customer and arranged it all, BT put em on cheaper tarrif and with all the sites the customer has in the end I saved few quid a quater.

Sven

very pleased to help Sven, it is what being in a forum is supposed to be all about imho.

sometimes your simply up aginst the old enemy which is called 'client loyalty' to a particular ISP, bit like people won't switch banks or energy provider for a beter rate simply based on long time loyalty to that provider, often hear 'i've been screwed over with them for many years' scenareo, you sense i you push it they will simply use another installer feeling your are simply being biased to your own preference's.

example, talktalk gets bad press, but when it works it works well, when it don't well - from what i hear - you can kiss goodbye to several hours hanging onto the 'help line'.

for 'our' cctv needs imo BT seem to do a good job, even had their 'tech help' set up routers via remote early days, not the cheapest but you simply can't knock that sort of service imho.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived