Security Installer Community

One For You Jeff;

Guest Oxo

Friend has a job for some Italians, they want the above to look good. Italians for you!

Any Ideas before I trawl the T`internet?

Friend has a job for some Italians, they want the above to look good. Italians for you!

Any Ideas before I trawl the T`internet?

Bit out of touch these days although most D/B are capable of flush mount. I used to preffer the hagar glass door. although i have a Crabtree installed myself. You Italin would possibly have a GEWIS type enclosure at home (not UK) with DP MCBs. Ask Happy he still dicks around in the leci market.

Changes subject (due to dicin around in eleci market)

General alarm thought today. I answered an email requesting additional protection to RSD (Tin is getting very exspensive) and quoted £200. Reply was instant in yes ASAP.

I later saw an advert for a complete house alarm for £200. WTF is that about because i dont think mine was that exspensive. OK maybe £140 if the customer had said just fit and bill me (time and materials).

Customers!

Nope

Flush mounted 17th edition consumer unit. To be pleasing to the eye.

I said build a mirrored frame around one!

Ta I thought Hagar too.

Doubt the clients will agree. Apparently the jobs a nightmare and they have not even closed the walls yet!

If it's a 'new' build and the walls aint been closed yet sureley the 'finish' and position of the con unit should have been discussed prior and decided on-put under stairs or whatever!-certain things need sorting before wiring is run in.

If it's a 'new' build and the walls aint been closed yet sureley the 'finish' and position of the con unit should have been discussed prior and decided on-put under stairs or whatever!-certain things need sorting before wiring is run in.

ROFL You aint worked with Italians. They have had all drawings changed loads of times. Rich baskets, money is no object!

ROFL You aint worked with Italians. They have had all drawings changed loads of times. Rich baskets, money is no object!

Yep been there mate-and it aint just italians!-just done electrics in a bathroom for an english bloke (owns a cement mixer manufacturing company)-£20k plus on a bathroom revamp-LED mood lighting,wave your hand activated lighting on cabinets, remote control shower etc etc-more creature comforts in the bog than in the living room!..............don't it make ya sick?-jealous me?.............................YEP..............

Deffo. These lot want stuff to work in Italian too!

My m8ts having a hard time with clients ATM. Why hes asked me to help mediate on one and help the claim. The Schedule of Works gets the client by the balls :D Sussed that last night reading it......................

This is another lot but the money is there and they can be trusted they asked him today to quote for a 3 shop knock together they have just bought. AS i said not poor!

So I do understand really!

Yep been there mate-and it aint just italians!-just done electrics in a bathroom for an english bloke (owns a cement mixer manufacturing company)-£20k plus on a bathroom revamp-LED mood lighting,wave your hand activated lighting on cabinets, remote control shower etc etc-more creature comforts in the bog than in the living room!..............don't it make ya sick?-jealous me?.............................YEP..............

made me sick, but that was just the idea behind it - LOL, no really not my "thing" at all.

Yer, if you do what they want/ how they want, they wont look elsewhere - ever.

(been looking after same family & friends since 80's. All started by fitting a 9100 in a sweat shop in Norbury - cos they looked the part (the scanny, though clients always well turned out too!).

Archived