Security Installer Community

Intellex Dvms

You could try fitting a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to the computer, that will stop supply born interference and power flicks.

Windows basded machines running 24/7 often glitch, a ups is good practice on all kit like phone systems as well as CCTV.

See if that clears it up, might still be an overheating problem hard to say, points to a 'common' issue, but are all cameras from the same power adapter? Cheap enough to replace if not sure.

Might cost 100 bucks to get an experienced tech out, but he could also save you wasting far more money with your shots in the dark approach, and to be fair you've had a free ride so far - so is that really a lot of money?

Arfur

Edited by arfur mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

How do I 'reload the software' ? Does this 'thing' come with a disk ?

The guy that gave it to me to use lost whatever stuff it come with , including the password to exit to windows.

If I could acces the event viewer 'maybe' I could find a reason for this problem ?

Alex

I have finally got an answer : I need the disks to reload the program , which I don't have because the guy that gave me this unit wasn't given the disks either when the system was installed many years ago, under a 'maintenance agreement'. That's how they make their money !

I'll use it like it is until it completely dies.

Bye

Alex

How do I 'reload the software' ? Does this 'thing' come with a disk ?

The guy that gave it to me to use lost whatever stuff it come with , including the password to exit to windows.

If I could acces the event viewer 'maybe' I could find a reason for this problem ?

Alex

Hi, m8 the exit code is 98374252 just type this in when you want to get into the windows part of the program cheers from broncobill.

It died or you killed it :P

Naaa , It's still ALIVE ! Well , barely ...

System load but as soon as it gets to he cameras it shuts down. I called a computer tech and he told me to try a new power supply and see what happen , if it is something more serious like the hard drive , I'd better off buying a new one since I can get one for a few hundred dollars and I don't need such a 'monster' in my shop.

Well , I changed the power supply and the problem is still there. So, that's all folks !

Ciao

WTF ??????????????? It's working now this ^#$%@#&$%@!^*$) !!! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

All I did was resetting to the factory setting and now IT'S ALIVE !!! ( Thank dog my head it so hard and don't give up easily)

Let you know if it last, I'm sure you all want to know the continuation of 'the "Intellex saga".

See ya later.....

Wonders of windows?

:)

Have a look at the hard drive leads, also remove and refit memory stick (carefully).

Sometimes on older machines the pci cards get dhisturbed due to the leads getting yanked,then cctv software often detects a change in configuration and crashes especialy on old kit, worth simply puling and refit cards pushing them down hard into the slots.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!