Security Installer Community

Intellex Dvms

Could be a revitilised PSU along with a reboot did the trick.

After all, that was mentioned before.

I must have missed that !

Been going for 5 hrs without a problem so far.

I'll check the pc cards as well.

Thanks.

I'd do that if it falls over again, otherwise don't fix what ain't broke ;).

Always worth having it supplied from a small ups, this stops short power outs from causing glitches also remove most mains power born problems.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I'd do that if it falls over again, otherwise don't fix what ain't broke ;).

Always worth having it supplied from a small ups, this stops short power outs from causing glitches also remove most mains power born problems.

Arfur

The first thing the technician told me was to get a ups , Ill go and get one asap.

This morning still working fine !

Thanks.

The first thing the technician told me was to get a ups , Ill go and get one asap.

This morning still working fine !

Thanks.

I don't mean to make things more complicated but if you want to do things right do a little research on the UPS. This is what you should look out for:

- Make sure the UPS has powerfail recovery, some UPS (especially cheaper ones) do not automatically supply power when the mains comes back on. The result is your DVR could be down all night (until you come in and turn the UPS back on) for a 1 hour power outage.

- It is quite possible that the Intellex has the capability to connect to the UPS, if so the Intellex can monitor the charge left in the UPS and shutdown in a controlled manner rather than a hard shutdown. If the intellex has this capability, it may only be compatible with certain UPS models.

Its up to you if you wish to look into any of the above but at least you know before you buy :)

• 5 years later...

If anyone has the solution to this problem please PM or email me I am using a intellex dvms and I lost the admin code if anyone can find it or know how to get around it pm me or email me please my email (not allowed in a post)

most appreciated 

Edited by MrHappy
removed email