Security Installer Community

National Electronics Richardson X-Dome

MCS777

As i`m on ignore, the assistance is invalid.

However his reply makes him a liar!

Actually i apollogise, as my reply was made by a modarator.

The person has obviously purchaced or become involved with something he does not have any understanding of.

I can provide more settings if required. The trouble is I think the OP will not understand the settings.

I seriously hope his customer will understand his misgivings and lack of knowledge off something he has attempted to take over.

We always wish to give the best advice possible.

If you can assist in our efforts to provide more assistance feel free to make your knowledge avaialiable.

Kind Regards

ice down your collars please people rolleyes.gif

as your camera is shown on the bench, assumed an ebay purchase or bunce from a rip-out/take over.

(and i'm not criticising)

with a PTZ controller, try cycling through its protocols while connected to camera, starting with the most common Pelco D @ 2400, change the baud rate on that setting until you get a response or go to next prot until you get it working.

set your DVR to those settings = simple's

Arfur

(why is simple advice often just so hard to give?)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Maybe if the OP read through their replies before sending them they might actually stop and change their tone a bit - attitude = no help in my book because obviously they know more than they are letting on!

comments made and then misinterpreted when read in print, often come over as way harsher than perhaps the comments author had intended - and boy do i know that's true rolleyes.gif

Arfur

[quote name='arfur mo' date='31 May 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1275343165' post='240277'

Arfur

(why is simple advice often just so hard to give?)

Well said, for once a concise reply. As were mine to a degree, 8 squared.

Sorry I did promise I would not reply to this thread but some respected members did offer advice and try to calm things down.

Respect Artur, you have given a short reply that is indeed "short" and to the point.

OP

I have to agree here.

Paul (Ox) has not given random guesses and as he has far more experience on this gear than I do i would suggest your best chance of help would come from him or others like him.

If you flame someone when they offer help, human nature shows your unlikly to get anymore.

Have a re read, try them again and report back. Im sure paul will be able to assist and if not your no worse off.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Arfur, I'm going through the protocols / baudrates using a Rapport337, so, got that covered.

Numerous makes / models PTZ's.

Setting of dipswitches is at the developing engineer's discretion.

Especially the far east aren't bothered with international standards.

So, copying settings from the more known makes isn't going to do it.

I need the original manual, nothing else.

Untill I get fed up and drop in a Spectra.......

I have read through this entire thread and you do come across as having a chip on your shoulder :whistle: :whistle:

But as you have said many times now, you need the manual to sort this problem and it hasn't been sorted in 3 pages of replies, maybe this should tell you something.

1. Poor quality kit?

2. Unsupported kit?

3. Unknowledgeable forum members?

4. Not willing to listen to peoples advice?

5 .....

6 .......

You decide.

Arfur, I'm going through the protocols / baudrates using a Rapport337, so, got that covered.

Numerous makes / models PTZ's.

Setting of dipswitches is at the developing engineer's discretion.

Especially the far east aren't bothered with international standards.

So, copying settings from the more known makes isn't going to do it.

look mate your drowning, could be this camera has a bespoke prot so you rapport won't have it.

take others of ignore and ask to start afresh, many have done Stirling work for you already.

you can still privately think of us to be a bunch of old fold farts - but very likely to have the info you desperately need

Arfur

(a bit of humility spent - is way cheaper than buying a new camera).

Oxford, option 3 ), that's the one !

All I'm asking for is the manual to get hold of the settings.

Arfur, it should run on Pelco D ( amongst others ).

Just need the manual.

( As i have been asking for all along ).

post-14186-098944500 1275382765_thumb.jp

MCS

Look I know you have been asking for that and accusing members of being unknowledgeable will IMHO just stopped anyone else who does read this thread from helping.

Its not a customer service shop ie you walk in and pay for something, its a group of like minded people helping others for free. The best way to get this assistance is to be an active member etc so the help is 2 way. Or if your after something in particular then you need to draw members into a topic not be short with the people that are already trying.

Anyhow you may take exception to this but this is how i see it.

If you decide to throw away your cheap dome and put in a spectra 4 then i can help, as we use decent kit. The only thing we ever do with cheap unbranded stuff is skip it.

But anyway good luck

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived