Security Installer Community

Pd6662, Bs8243 And Dd263 Are Complete

the line -:

PD6662 said that any problems should be resolved within 21 days. 2010 changes this to 'as soon as practicable'

give licence to abuse by the unscrupulous, so is surely a backwards step?

Arfur

and conversly "as soon as possible" could be the same day not 21 days later so no actually it isnt "a backwards step"

and conversly "as soon as possible" could be the same day not 21 days later so no actually it isnt "a backwards step"

if that is what it said (which it don't in the link text) then very true Paul - have you been filching my Ovaltine AGAIN on the side?

it's not 'as soon as possible'. it states 'as soon as practicable' in the text (i copied and pasted so if wrong blame James)

nothing ever stops anyone from doing the rectification/s the same day/hour even second, unless in practice prevented for some reason.

but now defined a ''as soon as practicable'' i.e. an undefined time margin and that is imho a very detrimental change to what was a far easier enforcement tool be used on the slovenly and/or rogue's - so why change it? lack of ability (or want) to enforce the original rule?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if that is what it said (which it don't in the link text) then very true Paul - have you been filching my Ovaltine AGAIN on the side?

it's not 'as soon as possible'. it states 'as soon as practicable' in the text (i copied and pasted so if wrong blame James)

nothing ever stops anyone from doing the rectification/s the same day/hour even second, unless in practice prevented for some reason.

but now defined a ''as soon as practicable'' i.e. an undefined time margin and that is imho a very detrimental change to what was a far easier enforcement tool be used on the slovenly and/or rogue's - so why change it? lack of ability (or want) to enforce the original rule?

Arfur

the whole industry is wrong, Alan Taylor is correct.

I should have known better.

do you not read anything PROPERLY? I Quoted James text direct, so if thats wrongly quoted -TELL HIM!

If not seems to me your the one with a probiem

Arfur

do you not read anything PROPERLY? I Quoted James text direct, so if thats wrongly quoted -TELL HIM!

If not seems to me your the one with a probiem

Arfur

no one said you quoted anything wrong, I typed "possible" instead of "practicable" ............that was my error, though both words have the same meaning in this context.

doesnt alter the fact that the new wording actually tightens the time limit.

the line -:

PD6662 said that any problems should be resolved within 21 days. 2010 changes this to 'as soon as practicable'

give licence to abuse by the unscrupulous, so is surely a backwards step?

Arfur

Only if you want it to be.

Lets suppose that the customer is not available for the next 22 days. Therefore problem cannot be resolved so installer is in breach of old rule. Not their fault so what would you suggest?

Only if you want it to be.

Lets suppose that the customer is not available for the next 22 days. Therefore problem cannot be resolved so installer is in breach of old rule. Not their fault so what would you suggest?

yes there is always exceptions but that is catered for in the word 'exception', in those impossible cases they can are usually covered with a letter of notification and signed for agreement, take water damage or a fire, you can't always restore the protection to the same level 'as was' until the buildings damage has been repaired, so the client signs and is told to advise the insurers (hopefully) of the situation.

Insurance co in turn often watch and usually follow up to see if the situation has been resolved, or keep hitting client for a temp premium until done.

having the 21 day limit imo better prevents abuses of using those 'exceptions' to wriggle out of responsibilities, surely more than using the term 'practicable'.

just way to easy to abuse, could end up its was not practicable "because the engineer was playing a golf tourney and it would contravene his human rights to command he leaves that and attend to rectify', overly excessive example yes, but you know what i am saying.

what i think won't ever change anything, but we will all see what happens in real life as it is more abused, personally i think it favours the rogue more than the honest trader or protecting clients.

Arfur.

Archived