Security Installer Community

Premier 48 + Radio Plus Pir

prid

Hi guys,

I am new to the website and I need some help.

Thought I was quite up to speed with alarms but then I got a Texecom Premier 48 and I'm totally lost.

I'm installing a new system for my dad and he want wireless, I have used Texecom in all my house to date and I find them reliable so thought what the hell.

I've got :-

Premier 48 panel + battery

5 x wireless PIR's

Original outside sounder

Intellegent receiver

2 x LCD panels

(Hope that's all I need).

Anyway wired it all up, mains and wired to panels, powered up and it bleeped like I don't know what, managed to settle it all down, however I have no idea how to get the receiver talking to the PIR's and also how I set them up as per zones.

I have wired up the receiver into the expansion port and it's measuring 6 on the display, put the batteries in the PIR's and located them around the house, went into the engineers radio setup and I can't get anything.

I'm not thick but when it comes to this, I'm stumped!!!

Please can somebody give me an idea, a basic step by step how to setup and assign the zones......?

PLEASE!!!!!!

Yeah I got the manual, but don't really understand it.... and there's no instructions for the Intellegent receiver.

Get a engineer to look at it, setting up a 48 with radio plus i use laptop with wintex which take minutes without it GOOD luck.

I'm sure you can get it done for a reasonable price !

cheers

1st rule of learning wireless devices......................do it at the keypad when you take them out of the box, then go and fit them.

Easiest way to learn them is to operate the tampers. I suggest you take out the circuit boards and take them to the keypad, hold in both tamper switches and when it asks you to operate the device let go of one of the tamper switches.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

1st rule of learning wireless devices......................do it at the keypad when you take them out of the box, then go and fit them.

Easiest way to learn them is to operate the tampers. I suggest you take out the circuit boards and take them to the keypad, hold in both tamper switches and when it asks you to operate the device let go of one of the tamper switches.

I would do the same but take the detector to the location first before operating the tamper switch so you can gauge the radio power !

Radio can be quite a funny thing, poor power in one corner but great in another.

Take it to the location where you going to fitted, testing all the detectors next to the keypad will prove they work in that location only !

Sorry not wanting to split hairs!

cheers

I would do the same but take the detector to the location first before operating the tamper switch so you can gauge the radio power !

Radio can be quite a funny thing, poor power in one corner but great in another.

Take it to the location where you going to fitted, testing all the detectors next to the keypad will prove they work in that location only !

Sorry not wanting to split hairs!

cheers

I'm talking about installing................the site survey and signal strength as we all know will already have been done by surveyor................. :roflmao:

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived