Security Installer Community

Big Bad Cameras In The News Again

Have a think about Trafficmaster, the blue cameras all over the country, do you think they make enough revenue to cover the cost of them?

I have always believed they are for anti terrorist use logging vehicle numbers. They do work by logging vehicle numbers and checking the speed a car travels between fixed cameras, do you really think the security services would not already have this information?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Last time I looked at it the TrafficMaster system used a "crippled" form of ANPR.

It takes the centre section (maybe 4 or 5?) of the registration only and then tries to match it against the same data further down the road. Doesn't matter if it's nowhere near 100% of course for their purposes.

Over to the conspiracy theorists now........ :P

Last time I looked at it the TrafficMaster system used a "crippled" form of ANPR.

It takes the centre section (maybe 4 or 5?) of the registration only and then tries to match it against the same data further down the road. Doesn't matter if it's nowhere near 100% of course for their purposes.

Over to the conspiracy theorists now........ :P

I don't know, goes into hiding for weeks on end then suddenly pops up with a post like that. :-|

Dunno about anywhere else, but on the M42 roughly between the M6 and the M40 there are what appear to be ANPR cameras at the end of every slip road, and a few on the gantries.

Presumably, as this is around B'ham airport, they are at least in part anti terrorist measures. Thats OK by me. But linking in town centre CCTV, with a global database looks like the thin end of a big wedge.

the ring of steel cams are differnt to most systems etc. Yes there are cams on some bridges that are running anpr but are not widespread.

Dont have an issue with loads of anpr cams to be fair, just not speed ones lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived