Security Installer Community

My Auto Dialer Calls Even When Disarmerd?!?

newvvmc

Hi alll,

I am a small business owner. My business is in a high visibility area where all entrances are highly visible and well lit. Still, I wanted to have a security system so I opted for a DIY wireless. The system is an offshore affair with clear instructions and the alarm went in smoothly, and tested well. It is an auto dialer with PIR and Door window switches. It also has a smoke detector that is wireless and an inside siren that plugs into the control panel.

After feeling that the install went better than directed, I was surprised last night when I got a call from the auto dialer advising that the alarm had been activated. This is not good as yesterday I entered the PASSCODE and pressed the disarm button before I left as I expected the manager to drop some stuff off today.

So it looks like the alarm is somehow arming itself? The model is the IVY Tech control panel seen HERE:

There are shunts on a small bus in the panel; but I have no idea what the key would be. The system came with docs; but they were set-up only- nothing on how to address this problem. Anybody have an idea of why/how the control panel is self arming, or at least auto dialing me when there is no "event"?

Thanks,

Edward

Guest old-hand

You have bought cheap tat from EBAY to protect your business and want a reasonable reply.

Go to an approved installer and get some real protection.

Have a nice day.

what OXO means is that unfornately you opted for a type of panel that it is unlikely that any of the proffesionals on here have seen or have experience of so it is unlikely that we would be able to help.

without seeing or knowing the panel advice is hard to give - maybe if you put a copy of the instructions into a post we could but again very unlikely - i would probably say you would be better looking at a DIY forum where like minded people have fitted and had similar problems.

good luck amd hope you solve your problems

As OXO also said tho if you decide to fit something for relaible and with a better pedigree then please feel free to come and ask our advice re type of panels and installer.

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

I am a small business owner.

What line of business are you in Edward? ........ I bet you can guess where I'm going with this question.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Fanx knighty, but OP knows what I meant. hence the wording given.

cheers

Your welcome - not being called 'knighty' since i was at school so thanks for taking me back in time.

My reply to the OP's post was meant as a 'addition' to your brief answer just so as to confirm what you meant (as i understood your post) but if i caused you offence by quoting tour post sorry.

I am a easy going yorkshireman who just like to give clear concise polite answers whenever i can.

As the 'usual suspects' had,nt put their two pennyworth in yet i thought i would answer the man as best as i could.

As i said to him I, and i suspect not many of us on here, hav,nt seen this panel and his best bet is to get one we have seen so as we can give him the advice he needs - .

Paul :yes: ( not Knighty - i left school a long long time ago) :rolleyes:

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest old-hand
Your welcome - not being called 'knighty' since i was at school so thanks for taking me back in time.

My reply to the OP's post was meant as a 'addition' to your brief answer just so as to confirm what you meant (as i understood your post) but if i caused you offence by quoting tour post sorry.

I am a easy going yorkshireman who just like to give clear concise polite answers whenever i can.

As the 'usual suspects' had,nt put their two pennyworth in yet i thought i would answer the man as best as i could.

As i said to him I, and i suspect not many of us on here, hav,nt seen this panel and his best bet is to get one we have seen so as we can give him the advice he needs - .

Paul :yes: ( not Knighty - i left school a long long time ago) :rolleyes:

No offence taken or even thought of.

From one Paul to another Paul cheers

Still reply to Ox though, and i`m only 45 :P

No offence taken or even thought of.

From one Paul to another Paul cheers

Still reply to Ox though, and i`m only 45 :P

There's too many bloody Paul's on this site

Regards

Paul

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

its such a good name........................................................

THE BLACK KNIGHT

Archived